Rules for Custom Recipients no longer work!?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 10:22:01

>We've just upgraded our Exch 4.0 server to 5.0, by the move mailbox method
>(yes, it's still stone age).  However we are now noticing that Rules that
>contain Custom Recipients no longer work.

Rules, in general, will cease to work when the mailbox is moved to
another site (if that's what you mean by "the move mailbox method").

Quote:>For instance, Joe Schmoe is a Custom Recipient (Internet Address).  If a
>user had a rule as such, "All Mail from Joe Schmoe is moved to the Mail From
>Joe Folder".  Rules like this used to work with our old Exch 4.0 Server.
>Now that we've moved to 5.0 these rules do not work.  However, they DO work
>if the "sender" was an actual Mailbox on the server and not a Custom
>Recipient.  What is also weird is that the rule DOES work if a the user had
>an entry for that Custom Recipient in their own Contacts folder.

>Any ideas?

If you've changed sites (or organizations), the CR's are still in the
old site because the existed only in the directory.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Inbox Rules not working for Custom Recipients

We currently us Exchange Server 5 and have clients of
Outlook 2k and Exchange 5. We also have a folder in the
Public Folders area that stores all e-mail correspondence
with all e-mail address listed in our Custom Recipients
section. The Custom Recipients are all part of a
Distribution List.

The problem is that when we create an Inbox Rule on the
clients to copy any e-mails received from anyone in that
Distribution List, the rule will not work, i.e. no copy of
the email is sent to that particular folder.

Can anyone please help with any ideas to fix this, or is
it just not possible at all?

Thanks

2. Internal Exchange 5.5 relaying through IIS SMTP from Windows Option Pack

3. RUS/Exchange2K and Custom Recipient problem - long

4. MTA and Crystal Reports

5. Rules no longer work ?

6. 10base-T network -- Exchange for email?

7. Rehomed Public Folders/Rules No Longer Work

8. Exchange attributes attached to the wrong AD account

9. Custom reciepient not working for rule on Public Folder

10. O98 Rules Wizard, Exchange 5.5 and Custom Recipient?

11. Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

12. Custom SMTP recipient NOT work?

13. Custom Recipient works one minute and then doesn't