Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Michae » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I need to know what's causing my event log to fill up with ESE97 errors as
the source. The errors are MSExchangeDS ((254) ) Unexpected NT API error:
0xC000000D .  I sometime get similar errors on the MSExchangeIS

Thanks

Michael

Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I need to know what's causing my event log to fill up with ESE97 errors as
>the source. The errors are MSExchangeDS ((254) ) Unexpected NT API error:
>0xC000000D .  I sometime get similar errors on the MSExchangeIS

Either you haven't installed the roll-up hot fix or, if you have, your
Anti-Virus software isn't playing well with the NT file system. If
it's the A-V software then remove it and restart the NT server.

Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Kevin Robinso » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I had the same problem until I removed DFS (Distributed File System).  If
your Exchange server is on a DFS partition you'll get that error.

Good luck,
Kevin Robinson

>>I need to know what's causing my event log to fill up with ESE97 errors as
>>the source. The errors are MSExchangeDS ((254) ) Unexpected NT API error:
>>0xC000000D .  I sometime get similar errors on the MSExchangeIS

>Either you haven't installed the roll-up hot fix or, if you have, your
>Anti-Virus software isn't playing well with the NT file system. If
>it's the A-V software then remove it and restart the NT server.

>Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I had the same problem until I removed DFS (Distributed File System).  If
>your Exchange server is on a DFS partition you'll get that error.

DFS?! Good Lord! Do you have a death wish? I'm surprised that Exchange
would even install on a DFS volume.

Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Kevin Robinso » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Rich,
I installed DFS after moving an existing Exchange server to a newer, beefier
box.  Within a few days I had major Exchange problems.  The KB doesn't
mention DFS as a source of this error but luckily the Exchange 5.5 SP1
ReadMe mentions not installing on a DFS partition.

Is DFS inherently evil or antisocial?

Please advise.

Kevin Robinson
One Man Team

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Rich,
>I installed DFS after moving an existing Exchange server to a newer, beefier
>box.  Within a few days I had major Exchange problems.  The KB doesn't
>mention DFS as a source of this error but luckily the Exchange 5.5 SP1
>ReadMe mentions not installing on a DFS partition.

>Is DFS inherently evil or antisocial?

>Please advise.

Inherently? No. But I'd expect DFS to be used to provide multiple
backup paths to the same data, and AFAIK, DFS doesn't provide any
synchronization of data besides the simple NT Directory Replication.
In addition it's likely that additional volumes would be added that
may reside on other machines. Exchange does NOT react well to these
sort of file arrangements. It expects to be able to communicate
directly with the devices (through low-level API's in the kernal) and
not have to deal with network delays and problems.

DFS will work fine if you have a situation where you have multiple
locations for the same read-only data and only update the files in one
location and then distribute them with either your own method or by
using the NT directory replication process. If one path fails the
users never know the difference. And if you want to modify the number
of file locations or change the locations the users will never know.

1. Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Hi!!

How do I set up calendar ressources on exchange? - I want to be able to book
a car or a meetingroom from Outlook 98 and make them reply automatic if the
booking is okay. Does anyone know how to do that??

I have made the accounts on exchange and I have set them up in Outlook 98 to
automaticly accept the booking, but because I don't have an active outlook
client running the accounts (4 cars and 6 meeting rooms) they never reply.
Is there a way to make exchange reply for them??

Hope that you understand my problem and can solve for me!!

Thanks!!

Kurt Jensen

Please also reply by email.

2. Exchange single mailbox restore - Arcserve 6.61

3. Exchange 5.5 SP1 Routing Object

4. Corrupt Database on Exchange 2000

5. Exchange 5.5 SP1 Setup Problem after OWA Installation

6. Echange 55

7. Question about the order of events in MS Exchange 5.5 SP1

8. How long will the update take?

9. exchange 5.5 sp1 which hot fixed needed

10. EXCHANGE 5.5 SP1

11. Exchange 5.5 SP1

12. Exchange 5.5 SP1 POP3 errors

13. HELP FOR EXCHANGE 5.5 SP1 PUBLIC FOLDERS