Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

Post by Pendrago » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:58:16

I've configured an Exchange profile to access an account with 'Password
Authentication' set to 'None', but frustratingly on two machines, running
Win98 the username and domain name is not saved. Which means the next time
that user wishes to connect to the Exchange server, they will have to enter
the username, domain name and their password. Does anyone know how I can fix
this annoying problem?

Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

Post by Hank Clar » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 05:29:43

the only way I know of is the following registry hack on EVERY user machine:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange]
"LogonDomain"="domain_name"
"UserName"=""

Hope this helps,
HankC

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:04:25

>the only way I know of is the following registry hack on EVERY user machine:

>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange]
>"LogonDomain"="domain_name"
>"UserName"=""

It's only necessary to create the "Exchange" key. The outlook client
will populate the key with values the next time it's run.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

Post by Pendrago » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:30:35

Thanks guys. I'll give that a try.

I've configured an Exchange profile to access an account with 'Password
Authentication' set to 'None', but frustratingly on two machines, running
Win98 the username and domain name is not saved. Which means the next time
that user wishes to connect to the Exchange server, they will have to enter
the username, domain name and their password. Does anyone know how I can fix
this annoying problem?

Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

Post by Pendrago » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:50:05

Thanks for your help guys. I'll reply to this thread again, reporting
success or failure.

I've configured an Exchange profile to access an account with 'Password
Authentication' set to 'None', but frustratingly on two machines, running
Win98 the username and domain name is not saved. Which means the next time
that user wishes to connect to the Exchange server, they will have to enter
the username, domain name and their password. Does anyone know how I can fix
this annoying problem?

Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

Post by Pendrago » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:02:12

I added just the 'Exchange' key as you suggested Rich and that worked.

Thank you both once again.

>the only way I know of is the following registry hack on EVERY user
machine:

>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange]
>"LogonDomain"="domain_name"
>"UserName"=""

It's only necessary to create the "Exchange" key. The outlook client
will populate the key with values the next time it's run.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

I've configured an Exchange profile to access an account with 'Password
Authentication' set to 'None', but frustratingly on two machines, running
Win98 the username and domain name is not saved. Which means the next time
that user wishes to connect to the Exchange server, they will have to enter
the username, domain name and their password. Does anyone know how I can fix
this annoying problem?

2. larsg@[130.240.17.151]

3. Saving username and domain name at logon

4. STRANGE !!! Can not double click attachments(WORD AND EXCEL)in public folder

5. save username-domain in Outlook client

6. LOGON Failure

7. Outlook 2K remotely, save domain/username?

8. Exchange behind Proxy

9. Reg Hack for Outlook - Username and Domain Name Login Field

10. Exchange 2k publishing outside firewall - server name persists in Outlook Services, not proper domain name

11. Web access: domain/username vs. username

12. Usernames, & Hosting Multiple email domains