Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

Post by Kevin Mors » Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:17:52

The Windows NT 4.0 server which holds Exchange server 5.5
runs out of space on the non-system drive.  In addition
to which, the service MSXINC hogs processor time.
Diagnostic logging in the Internet Mail connecter is set
to none.  What else could be causing the drive to fill
and how do I clear space on the drive?

Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

Post by Channing Heffney[MSFT » Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:05:34

Make sure your database log files are not taking up space, if so make sure
you do a full backup of the database to see if the logs are bing removed.

--

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> The Windows NT 4.0 server which holds Exchange server 5.5
> runs out of space on the non-system drive.  In addition
> to which, the service MSXINC hogs processor time.
> Diagnostic logging in the Internet Mail connecter is set
> to none.  What else could be causing the drive to fill
> and how do I clear space on the drive?

Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

Post by Isaac Carter [MSFT » Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:08:39

Kevin,

Are you running full backup on Exchange? Do you have Circular Logging
enabled?

--
Isaac B. Carter MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> The Windows NT 4.0 server which holds Exchange server 5.5
> runs out of space on the non-system drive.  In addition
> to which, the service MSXINC hogs processor time.
> Diagnostic logging in the Internet Mail connecter is set
> to none.  What else could be causing the drive to fill
> and how do I clear space on the drive?

1. Exchange 2000 server mysteriously filling up hard drive

Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

thanks in advance..!!

2. I want that not all users can send mail to Internet

3. PLEASE HELP !Exchange 2000 server is mysteriously filling up hard drive

4. exchange 2k sp3 bouncing inbound mail

5. Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...

6. config question

7. Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

8. Outlook Express and "Public Folders" root

9. Exchange Growing to fill the whole hard drive

10. hard drive filling up

11. Help !!! PRIV.edb has filled up hard drive

12. Moving Exchange server from Primary (C) drive to secondary hard drive