changing exchange service account password

changing exchange service account password

Post by Farawa » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:49:07

Hi,

Running Exchange 5.5 SP3 - only a single exchange server that connects to
another external unix system at our ISP. Also have a OWA server configured
in the DMZ.

What i want to know is...what are the reprecussions of changing the exchange
server service account??

Can i go ahead and just change this...or is there a specific procedure?

Thanks!

changing exchange service account password

Post by Hunter Colema » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:03:09

XADM: How to Change the Service Account Password (q157780)
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q157/7/80.asp

Hunter

Quote:> Hi,

> Running Exchange 5.5 SP3 - only a single exchange server that connects to
> another external unix system at our ISP. Also have a OWA server configured
> in the DMZ.

> What i want to know is...what are the reprecussions of changing the
exchange
> server service account??

> Can i go ahead and just change this...or is there a specific procedure?

> Thanks!

changing exchange service account password

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:22:13

Quote:> Hi,

> Running Exchange 5.5 SP3 - only a single exchange server that connects to
> another external unix system at our ISP. Also have a OWA server configured
> in the DMZ.

> What i want to know is...what are the reprecussions of changing the
exchange
> server service account??

> Can i go ahead and just change this...or is there a specific procedure?

    As long as you do it properly, there is no real risk.  KB article
Q157780 describes the exact procedure to follow to change the service
account password.