Reply to All changing Internet addresses.

Reply to All changing Internet addresses.

Post by Scott Aiell » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

We have run into a rather unusual error when using the Reply to All option
in Outlook 97 and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same
problem.

Say I receive an e-mail from Joe using MS Exchange on our Corporate LAN
(Win95 post office, no Exchange Server) and Joe has included

in my address book and I choose Reply to All to answer the e-mail. AFTER
sending the message, I can open the message from my sent folder and see that

my address book. Yes, I said that it changed the address without giving any
errors or notification that it was changed.

My first thought was user error (not that users make errors :-) since it
seemed unrealistic that it would not at least give me some error when
sending. I have eliminated user error by personally recreating the error
myself. I can recreate the error at will. It does seem to happen more
frequently when sending e-mail between Exchange and Outlook 97.

We found out about this error after one of our clients received an internal
e-mail containing extremely confidential material!!!!! I hate when that
happens. I have searched the MS Knowledge Database and have also searched
all relevant news groups with no luck.

Thanks,
Scott Aiello
Systems Administrator
Innovative TeleSolutions

1. Reply to All changes Internet e-mail addresses

[...]

2. No email preformance notification

3. changing password for a smtp email address which is not the reply address

4. 1101 erros

5. Changing default reply-to globally for internet mail

6. Problems installing EXLIST Listserver on Exchange

7. Replies to Additional Mailbox

8. Primay SMTP reply address automatically changes

9. Need help changing reply/from address on mailboxes please

10. Reply to address not changing

11. Question on changing the SMTP REPLY TO address

12. changing reply to address on outgoing e-mail messages