shutdown of IS & IMS

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What are the version and SP level of Exchange Server used?

P.S. Next time pust full info from event (ID, Source, Categ).

> Hi,

> From yesterday IS & IMS started shuting down two -three time's a day.
> A month ago IS & IMS was shutdown but only one-time.
> Following msgs are found on event log.

> Pls.advise.

> Thanks,
> Jagath

> An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
> uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible
> that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to the
> sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will be
> moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, and the error is not a temporary
> error. Otherwise it will be retried when the service is restarted. Use the
> appropriate utilities found in the SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD to
> view and manipulate messages that have been moved to the "BAD" folder.

> The error 0x8004011d occurred while trying to refresh network connections to
> the Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

> A serious error has occurred while trying to send mail into the Exchange
> Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

group).

Kirill

shutdown of IS & IMS

Post by Larry Becke » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What Exchange Service pack are you at?

Quote:> Hi,

> From yesterday IS & IMS started shuting down two -three time's a day.
> A month ago IS & IMS was shutdown but only one-time.
> Following msgs are found on event log.

> Pls.advise.

> Thanks,
> Jagath

> An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail
Service
> uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible
> that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to the
> sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will
be
> moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, and the error is not a temporary
> error. Otherwise it will be retried when the service is restarted. Use the
> appropriate utilities found in the SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD
> view and manipulate messages that have been moved to the "BAD" folder.

> The error 0x8004011d occurred while trying to refresh network connections
> the Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

> A serious error has occurred while trying to send mail into the Exchange
> Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

shutdown of IS & IMS

Post by jagat » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

From yesterday IS & IMS started shuting down two -three time's a day.
[...]

WinNT4 sp5
Exchange5.5 sp3

Thanks,
jagath

> What Exchange Service pack are you at?

> > Hi,

> > From yesterday IS & IMS started shuting down two -three time's a day.
> > A month ago IS & IMS was shutdown but only one-time.
> > Following msgs are found on event log.

> > Pls.advise.

> > Thanks,
> > Jagath

> > An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail
> Service
> > uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is
possible
> > that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to
the
> > sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will
> be
> > moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, and the error is not a temporary
> > error. Otherwise it will be retried when the service is restarted. Use
the
> > appropriate utilities found in the SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD
> > view and manipulate messages that have been moved to the "BAD" folder.

> > The error 0x8004011d occurred while trying to refresh network
connections
> > the Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

> > A serious error has occurred while trying to send mail into the Exchange
> > Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

shutdown of IS & IMS

Post by Jagat » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

WinNT4 sp5
Exchange5.5 sp3

Event log - latest first.

EventID: 4102
Source: MSExchangeIMC
Category: Internal Processing

A serious error has occurred while trying to send mail into the Exchange
Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

EventID: 4094
Source: MSExchangeIMC
Category: Internal Processing

The error 0x8004011d occurred while trying to refresh network connections to
the Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

EventID: 4116
Source: MSExchangeIMC
Category: Internal Processing

An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible
that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to the
sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will be
moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, and the error is not a temporary
error. Otherwise it will be retried when the service is restarted. Use the
appropriate utilities found in the SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD to
view and manipulate messages that have been moved to the "BAD" folder.

EventID: 193
Source: MSExchangeIS
Category: Logging/recovery

MSExchangeIS (495) The database engine failed with error -510 while trying
to log the commit of a transaction.  To ensure database consistency, the
process was terminated.  Simply restart the process to force database
recovery and return the database to a consistent state.

Thanks,
jagath

shutdown of IS & IMS

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> WinNT4 sp5
> Exchange5.5 sp3

> Event log - latest first.

> <snip>

> EventID: 193
> Source: MSExchangeIS
> Category: Logging/recovery

> MSExchangeIS (495) The database engine failed with error -510 while trying
> to log the commit of a transaction.  To ensure database consistency, the
> process was terminated.  Simply restart the process to force database
> recovery and return the database to a consistent state.

Any help from
XADM: IS Shuts Down with JET Reporting Out of Disk Space [Q196217]

Quote:

> Thanks,
> jagath

group).

Kirill

shutdown of IS & IMS

Post by Jagat » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thank you for the prompt reply. Look forward for your further help.
jagath

[...]

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I answered already. In case you lost my reply

Any help from
XADM: IS Shuts Down with JET Reporting Out of Disk Space [Q196217]

> Thank you for the prompt reply. Look forward for your further help.
> jagath

> WinNT4 sp5
> Exchange5.5 sp3

> Event log - latest first.

> EventID: 4102
> Source: MSExchangeIMC
> Category: Internal Processing

> A serious error has occurred while trying to send mail into the Exchange
> Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

> EventID: 4094
> Source: MSExchangeIMC
> Category: Internal Processing

> The error 0x8004011d occurred while trying to refresh network connections to
> the Information Store. The Internet Mail Service is being shut down.

> EventID: 4116
> Source: MSExchangeIMC
> Category: Internal Processing

> An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
> uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible
> that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to the
> sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will be
> moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, and the error is not a temporary
> error. Otherwise it will be retried when the service is restarted. Use the
> appropriate utilities found in the SUPPORT directory of your Exchange CD to
> view and manipulate messages that have been moved to the "BAD" folder.

> EventID: 193
> Source: MSExchangeIS
> Category: Logging/recovery

> MSExchangeIS (495) The database engine failed with error -510 while trying
> to log the commit of a transaction.  To ensure database consistency, the
> process was terminated.  Simply restart the process to force database
> recovery and return the database to a consistent state.

group).

Kirill

1. IMS Spontaneous Shutdown

Hello,

I administrate an NT 4.0 Server with SP6a, and Exchange 5.5 with SP4
installed.  This Exchange server is one of four on the company network, and
it is not the bridgehead.  Sporadically, the IMS will spontaneously shut
down.  We use a server monitoring tool that is able to remotely restart the
service, but the issue is that I cannot determine why it is going down.  The
system has one processor and 512 MB of RAM installed, of which typically at
least 1/2 is free.  This server does not run anything else, and is not the
primary file server, so there is not much of a load on it otherwise.  It
hosts a small number of mailboxes as well.  There are no other entries in
the Event Log other than the service shut down successfully, and that it
restarted successfully.  I have searched the Event Logs for any events that
consistently occur before this happens, but there is nothing that
consistently shows up.  I have the logging for the IMC set to Maximum, and
this yields nothing else.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Any / all thoughts are greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks,

Russ Dillion

2. How to link an Outlook message to a specific Exchange folder?

3. Exchange 5.5 IMS Shutdown

4. IM List Problem

5. DX and IMS shutdown for inexplicable reason.

6. Dialup & Login to Exchange Server

7. IMS Shutdown due to MTA Error

8. mapisp32.exe

9. Server 5.0 IMS SMTP problems and unexpected shutdown

10. IMS shutdown with 4102

11. Server 5.0 IMS SMTP problems and unexpected shutdown

12. I am unable to get the incoming message through IMS