"E-mail address cannot be found" error message

"E-mail address cannot be found" error message

Post by Ryan B. Larse » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:13:41

I'm not sure if this is an Exchange issure or not....

The response I get back when trying to email this user is that the email
address was not found; what's puzzling me is that the email address comes
back as:

Where is the transition between the two being made, and why (so far) only
for this user/domain?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryan

"E-mail address cannot be found" error message

Post by Arlo Clize » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:36:29

I'd try sending from another account and see if it comes back (ie a yahoo
account) that would be a great test imho.

-Arlo

Quote:> I'm not sure if this is an Exchange issure or not....

> I have encountered one address that we cannot email to:

> The response I get back when trying to email this user is that the email
> address was not found; what's puzzling me is that the email address comes
> back as:

> Where is the transition between the two being made, and why (so far) only
> for this user/domain?

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Ryan

1. "Host not found" error messages

Having problems with outbound message failures to a particular host.  I'm
using Exchange V5.5 SP3.  The destination server setup is unknown at this
time.  The only oddity that I can identify at this time is the destination

only thing atypical is the dash between the state and country.  Does
Exchange have a known problem with this form of address?

2. How to delete MAPI Public Folder?

3. Help Cannot Find "To:"

4. Alias Question

5. OL2000 "cannot find server" over internet

6. Undeliverable e-mails and NDRs

7. Cannot find ":Macro Library:QuickFigure Exchange"

8. Eseutil data store repair.

9. Please Help""""""""""""""

10. "E-mail address cannot be found" error message

11. Subject: "Error" on "MAIL

12. "Object not found" error

13. Error message "550 relaying mail to..."