Time difference between Exchange and Lotus Notes

Time difference between Exchange and Lotus Notes

Post by Michael S » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

We are running Exchange and Notes at the same time. When Notes users send
mail to Exchange users, Outlook reads Receive time correct but it puts the
SENT time one hour up front. That is to say you got a message says receive
at 10:00AM but sent time is 11:00AM.

Another problem is when Notes plan a meeting with Exchange users, Exchange
users always got the meeting time ONE hour in front of Notes users.

Configuration:

NT 4.0 Server with SP3
Exchange server 5.5 with SP2,
Notes connector and Calender connector
Notes Client 4.54 on Exchange Server
Outlook 98

NT 4.0 Server with SP3
Lotus Notes Domino Server 4.62
Note Clients 4.62

We are in Australia and currently in Daylight Saving Time.

I have look in the Date/Time issue and turn on/off Adjust Daylight Saving
options, no go.

Michael Su

Exchange Engineer
Fishtech & Partners

Post by John Gover » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

JG>>We are running Exchange and Notes at the same time. When Notes
users send
JG>>mail to Exchange users, Outlook reads Receive time correct but it
puts the
JG>>SENT time one hour up front. That is to say you got a message says
receive
JG>>at 10:00AM but sent time is 11:00AM.
JG>>
JG>>Another problem is when Notes plan a meeting with Exchange users,
Exchange
JG>>users always got the meeting time ONE hour in front of Notes
users.

Sounds a bit like the problem we had among Notes users (we don't use
Exchange). After having ALL the users set their "Daylight savings"
option correctly in their connection document, these problems were
over. We have set it to "Not observed here" for all users.

Who knows... perhaps this will solve your problem.

John