messages stuck IMC Queue

Post by Bob Seehr » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

We've just come across something rather strange with our MAC clients sending
mail through the IMC. It seems that some messages that they are sending are
getting left in the queue and are not being sent. When I view the details of
the message in the queue next to the recipient address it says host
unreachable. I've tried send to the address that they are having problems
with and it works fine from my PC.

Here's the message that appears in the event log

A timeout occurred while trying to deliver mail to 10.10.10.10 (for
domain.com). Undelivered mail will be retried  later. The timeout occurred
while waiting for a response to the transmission of the  message body.

(I've replaced the ip address and actual domain name in the log message).

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I think it's the MAC client
because none of the PC's  have problems sending. I've upgraded the MAC
client to 8.21 and the problem still occurs. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Bob.

messages stuck IMC Queue

Post by Ed Crowle » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

The Macs are using which client and which protocol?
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> We've just come across something rather strange with our MAC clients
sending
> mail through the IMC. It seems that some messages that they are sending
are
> getting left in the queue and are not being sent. When I view the details
of
> the message in the queue next to the recipient address it says host
> unreachable. I've tried send to the address that they are having problems
> with and it works fine from my PC.

> Here's the message that appears in the event log

> A timeout occurred while trying to deliver mail to 10.10.10.10 (for
> domain.com). Undelivered mail will be retried  later. The timeout occurred
> while waiting for a response to the transmission of the  message body.

> (I've replaced the ip address and actual domain name in the log message).

> Does anyone know what might be causing this? I think it's the MAC client
> because none of the PC's  have problems sending. I've upgraded the MAC
> client to 8.21 and the problem still occurs. Any help would be great.
> Thanks.

> Bob.

messages stuck IMC Queue

Post by Bob Seehr » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Some of the mac clients are 8.2 using appletalk and others are 8.21 using
IP. Either way, they are both experiencing problems.

>The Macs are using which client and which protocol?
>--
>Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
>Senior Consultant
>NCR Corporation
>Saving the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

>> We've just come across something rather strange with our MAC clients
>sending
>> mail through the IMC. It seems that some messages that they are sending
>are
>> getting left in the queue and are not being sent. When I view the details
>of
>> the message in the queue next to the recipient address it says host
>> unreachable. I've tried send to the address that they are having problems
>> with and it works fine from my PC.

>> Here's the message that appears in the event log

>> A timeout occurred while trying to deliver mail to 10.10.10.10 (for
>> domain.com). Undelivered mail will be retried  later. The timeout
occurred
>> while waiting for a response to the transmission of the  message body.

>> (I've replaced the ip address and actual domain name in the log message).

>> Does anyone know what might be causing this? I think it's the MAC client
>> because none of the PC's  have problems sending. I've upgraded the MAC
>> client to 8.21 and the problem still occurs. Any help would be great.
>> Thanks.

>> Bob.

messages stuck IMC Queue

Post by Ed Crowle » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Which messaging protocol?
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant
NCR Corporation
Saving the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

> Some of the mac clients are 8.2 using appletalk and others are 8.21 using
> IP. Either way, they are both experiencing problems.

> >The Macs are using which client and which protocol?
> >--
> >Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
> >Senior Consultant
> >NCR Corporation
> >Saving the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

> >> We've just come across something rather strange with our MAC clients
> >sending
> >> mail through the IMC. It seems that some messages that they are sending
> >are
> >> getting left in the queue and are not being sent. When I view the
details
> >of
> >> the message in the queue next to the recipient address it says host
> >> unreachable. I've tried send to the address that they are having
problems
> >> with and it works fine from my PC.

> >> Here's the message that appears in the event log

> >> A timeout occurred while trying to deliver mail to 10.10.10.10 (for
> >> domain.com). Undelivered mail will be retried  later. The timeout
> occurred
> >> while waiting for a response to the transmission of the  message body.

> >> (I've replaced the ip address and actual domain name in the log
message).

> >> Does anyone know what might be causing this? I think it's the MAC
client
> >> because none of the PC's  have problems sending. I've upgraded the MAC
> >> client to 8.21 and the problem still occurs. Any help would be great.
> >> Thanks.

> >> Bob.

messages stuck IMC Queue

Post by Bob Seehr » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

The message protocol being used is IMAP4.

I think that I've sort of narrowed down the problem. I've viewed the
messages that are stuck in the queue and the content of the file has a bunch
of weird characters(little squares) representing the hard returns separating
the paragraphs. It seems that the users are cutting and pasting text from
the browser into outlook. The pasted text has the weird characters, but the
text that they've typed in does not.

I've tried a few tests, a this looks like what is causing the messages to
get stuck in the queue. It only happens on the mac clients.

>Which messaging protocol?
>--
>Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
>Senior Consultant
>NCR Corporation
>Saving the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

>> Some of the mac clients are 8.2 using appletalk and others are 8.21 using
>> IP. Either way, they are both experiencing problems.

>> >The Macs are using which client and which protocol?
>> >--
>> >Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
>> >Senior Consultant
>> >NCR Corporation
>> >Saving the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

>> >sending
>> >are
>details
>> >of
>problems

>> occurred

>message).

>client

1. Messages Stuck In IMC Outbound Conversion Queue

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some good
troubleshooting tips on how to determine what might be the cause of messages
stuck in the IMC outbound conversion queue.  I looked in MDBVu and saw them
in MTS-OUT, but wasn't able to determine why they are not being processed.
Nothing out of the ordinary in the logs either.

--
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile..." - Robert Hunter
Remove "nospam" to reply to e-mail...

2. metabase update service

3. Message stuck on the IMC Inbound Queue (Exchange 5.5)

4. RPC hanging server

5. Messages stuck in IMC Queue

6. Delete double public maps in exchange server unpossible?

7. Messages stuck in IMC queue

8. Will Exchange Server block spammers?

9. Messages getting stuck in IMC outbound queue

10. Messages stuck in IMC queue

11. Messages getting stuck in IMC outbound queue

12. Mail stuck in Queue on IMC