Too many hops.

Post by pjgr.. » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to test Internet E-mail through exchange using IMS rather
than setting it up on the client side through Outlook.

I can ping and do DNS for the FQDN.  But, when I do E-mail to my
address I get an error stating that it took too many hops.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Too many hops.

Post by Andy Web » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

DNS and your IMS do not agree on how mail should be handled and thus it is
bouncing between two systems until the "too many hops" message is displayed.

Andy Webb

Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
Dilbert