ms mail connector interchange service

Post by Michae » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 05:26:17

On a server running NT 4 Exchange 5.5, only internal mail and mail routing
to outside over a T1, does the ms mail connector interchange service need to
be running?

ms mail connector interchange service

Post by Russ » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 05:46:33

No.  Stop and disable it.  You can remove it completely by
running setup, choosing Exchange Server from the list of
components, and unchecking it (and the ccmail connector).
If you go that route, remember to re-service pack Exchange.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>On a server running NT 4 Exchange 5.5, only internal mail
and mail routing
>to outside over a T1, does the ms mail connector

interchange service need to
Quote:>be running?

>.

1. Can't start MS-Mail Connector Interchange service

For the purposes of evaluating our migration path from MS-Mail to Exchange
Server, I have a small test network. I am running NT 4.0 SP4, onto which I
installed the 120-day eval of Exchange Server 5.5. My MS-Mail Post Office
is installed on a Novell NetWare 4.11 server.

I appear to have successfully configured the MS-Mail Connector, but when I
come to start the MS-Mail Connector Interchange service in Control Panel, I
get the error

"Initialization of the dynamic link library c:\WINNT\system32\user32.dll
failed. The process is terminating abnormally"

Eventually the service returns the message

"Could not start the MS Mail Connector Interchange service on \\CHEDDAR.
Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function"

Despite this, both the Services section of Control Panel and the Event Log
report the service as having started. I am then unable to stop the service,
getting Error 2186 again, and I have to restart the server to clear the
problem.

I have read a couple of papers on the Microsoft web site, one of which
suggests checking the version of USER32.DLL (15 Oct 98 12:04, size 332,048
bytes - which seems to be the SP4 version). The other offers a change to
the registry, which I've made but which makes no difference.

I can't believe I'm doing anything radical here, so where am I going wrong?
Any suggestions gratefully received...

Chris Wright

2. Can't retrieve internet e-mail using exchange server

3. Cannot start MSMI Service (MS Mail Connector Interchange)

4. Outlook install kills exchange? How to recover?

5. Big Blue Screen with MS Mail Interchange connector running

6. restricting access to a public folder.

7. MS Mail Connector Interchange

8. OWA not working after changing recipient policy

9. Big Blue Screen with MS Mail Interchange connector running

10. MS Mail Connector interchange problem in 4.0, Event IDs: 2344, 2383, 2380

11. MS Mail Connector Interchange

12. Big Blue Screen with MS Mail Interchange connector running