Ex2K mailbox limit fix Q813840 BUG

Post by chas » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:23:04

We have EX2k SP3.  We installed the above fix for making
individual mailbox limit changes occur immediately.  That
is allow an individual to have bigger limits after they go
above the default mailbox limit and can no longer access
their mailbox to delete and cleanup their mailbox.  The
problem  is that now all our exec assistants can no longer
send on behalf of their bosses.  They had Full mailbox
rights before and all was fine.  Now we have had to go
into each bosses profile in AD and specifically add their
EA the ability to send on behalf of.
IS Microsoft aware of this "side effect" or is their a
known cure?

Thanks,
Charlie

Ex2K mailbox limit fix Q813840 BUG

Post by Stidley, Joe » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:41:10

Does the user have "Send As" rights for the user object?  This is always
been a "requirement" but don't think it was enforced since post SP3.

Joel

Quote:> We have EX2k SP3.  We installed the above fix for making
> individual mailbox limit changes occur immediately.  That
> is allow an individual to have bigger limits after they go
> above the default mailbox limit and can no longer access
> their mailbox to delete and cleanup their mailbox.  The
> problem  is that now all our exec assistants can no longer
> send on behalf of their bosses.  They had Full mailbox
> rights before and all was fine.  Now we have had to go
> into each bosses profile in AD and specifically add their
> EA the ability to send on behalf of.
> IS Microsoft aware of this "side effect" or is their a
> known cure?

> Thanks,
> Charlie

Ex2K mailbox limit fix Q813840 BUG

Post by chas » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:01:00

Thanks for the reply.
We gave Full mailbox Access rights under the Exchange
Advanced Tab of the User for each EA that needed to access
the boss' mailbox.  There is NO checkbox for send as in
the Exchange advanced tab.  I'm just curious as to why we
now have to go to the Exchange General tab and go to
Delivery Options and add the EA under Send on behalf of.
Otherwise the EA cannot send any emails as their boss.

Charlie

message

>> We have EX2k SP3.  We installed the above fix for making
>> individual mailbox limit changes occur immediately.
That
>> is allow an individual to have bigger limits after they
go
>> above the default mailbox limit and can no longer access
>> their mailbox to delete and cleanup their mailbox.  The
>> problem  is that now all our exec assistants can no
longer
>> send on behalf of their bosses.  They had Full mailbox
>> rights before and all was fine.  Now we have had to go
>> into each bosses profile in AD and specifically add
their
>> EA the ability to send on behalf of.
>> IS Microsoft aware of this "side effect" or is their a
>> known cure?

>> Thanks,
>> Charlie

>.

Ex2K mailbox limit fix Q813840 BUG

Post by Bryan Nyc » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:13:19

Actually, that option is called "Send of Behalf". True "Send As" permissions
are set on the Security tab.

--
Bryan Nyce

> Thanks for the reply.
> We gave Full mailbox Access rights under the Exchange
> Advanced Tab of the User for each EA that needed to access
> the boss' mailbox.  There is NO checkbox for send as in
> the Exchange advanced tab.  I'm just curious as to why we
> now have to go to the Exchange General tab and go to
> Delivery Options and add the EA under Send on behalf of.
> Otherwise the EA cannot send any emails as their boss.

> Charlie

Post by chas » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 06:24:27

Hi and thanks.  I understand where "send as" is located
and "send on behalf" is.  Before the fix we could send
simply with the "Full Mailbox Access" permission being
granted to the EAs.  Is this a concern we should have in
that the "full mailbox access" no longer seems to grant
full access?

Thanks,
Charlie

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Actually, that option is called "Send of Behalf".

True "Send As" permissions
>are set on the Security tab.

>--
>Bryan Nyce