Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

Post by CwB » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've posted this several times, but have received no response.
Can I at least get a cigar for my efforts?

We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
Dials up on schedule for a while.
Then starts to produce errors such as:

The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
The error reported was: [317]
Event ID: 4106

Tries several more times, then is successful.
Is this normal?
Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
Am I the only one that has this problem?

Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

Post by Darin R Cam » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q175/4/10.asp
I also remember something about SBS having a problem when a DUN
configuration was used that had too many characters for the
configuration name, 20 or more I think.

Darin....

--
Darin R Camp

Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

Post by Jon Davi » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm having the same problem as you (among other problems).....
Since your doing dialup also how do you have your IMS configured for
routing? When we get a message in from the internet only the first
person in the list gets the message. Any thoughts?
Jon

> See if this helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q175/4/10.asp
> I also remember something about SBS having a problem when a DUN
> configuration was used that had too many characters for the
> configuration name, 20 or more I think.

> Darin....

> > I've posted this several times, but have received no response.
> > Can I at least get a cigar for my efforts?

> > We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
> > Dials up on schedule for a while.
> > Then starts to produce errors such as:

> > The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
> > The error reported was: [317]
> > Event ID: 4106

> > Tries several more times, then is successful.
> > Is this normal?
> > Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
> > Am I the only one that has this problem?

> --
> Darin R Camp

Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Your problem is different.  You are using a POP to SMTP gateway that does
not correctly process the information in the message header.  Unfortunately,
this is typical of these products.  Since they are operating from the
disadvantaged position of trying to deliver mail without envelopes, it is
understandable that they would occasionally fail.

Andy Webb

Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
Dilbert

>I'm having the same problem as you (among other problems).....
>Since your doing dialup also how do you have your IMS configured for
>routing? When we get a message in from the internet only the first
>person in the list gets the message. Any thoughts?
>Jon

>> See if this helps:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q175/4/10.asp
>> I also remember something about SBS having a problem when a DUN
>> configuration was used that had too many characters for the
>> configuration name, 20 or more I think.

>> Darin....

>> > I've posted this several times, but have received no response.
>> > Can I at least get a cigar for my efforts?

>> > We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
>> > Dials up on schedule for a while.
>> > Then starts to produce errors such as:

>> > The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
>> > The error reported was: [317]
>> > Event ID: 4106

>> > Tries several more times, then is successful.
>> > Is this normal?
>> > Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
>> > Am I the only one that has this problem?

>> --
>> Darin R Camp

Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

Post by Paul F. Peculla » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This is a confirmed bug in Windows NT #84487.  The was a fix available for a
few days but for unknown reasons this was pulled.  Keep checking the technet
articles searching for event 4106.

In the meantime stopping and starting the ims service should do the trick,
as well it will usually self correct (although this may take hours).

>I've posted this several times, but have received no response.
>Can I at least get a cigar for my efforts?

>We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
>Dials up on schedule for a while.
>Then starts to produce errors such as:

>The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
>The error reported was: [317]
>Event ID: 4106

>Tries several more times, then is successful.
>Is this normal?
>Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
>Am I the only one that has this problem?

Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

Post by CwB » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Paul,

That's the most informative answer we've received yet.
At least we know it's a problem that has a chance of being corrected.

Thanks for your reply.

>This is a confirmed bug in Windows NT #84487.  The was a fix available for
>few days but for unknown reasons this was pulled.  Keep checking the
technet
>articles searching for event 4106.

>In the meantime stopping and starting the ims service should do the trick,
>as well it will usually self correct (although this may take hours).

>>We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
>>Dials up on schedule for a while.
>>Then starts to produce errors such as:

>>The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
>>The error reported was: [317]
>>Event ID: 4106

1. Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

I've posted this several times, but have received no response.
Can I at least get a cigar for my efforts?

We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
Dials up on schedule for a while.
Then starts to produce errors such as:

The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
The error reported was: [317]
Event ID: 4106

Tries several more times, then is successful.
Is this normal?
Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
Am I the only one that has this problem?

2. Repetitive message delivery problem

3. Non-Delivery Reports In Exchange 5.5

4. LOG OF DIAL-UPS???

5. Can I set up centralized server-based profiles for MAC Exchange 5.0 clients?

6. Subscribing a public folder to a mailing list

7. Unprovoked Nightly Dial Ups

8. Exchange Dial ups...

9. Q about moving from dial-ups

10. Exchange 5.5, IMS and Dial-up

11. IMS holding line open via dial up router