"Site address"

Post by NEOLEIGHNE » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to this group.  I have a question about the "site address" on
Exchange server 5.5. We are currently are not connected to the internet and
are NOT RUNNING exchange but someone installed it for us when backoffice was
installed.

     We are going to be getting dsl hook-up sometime in the next month or
two.  This is the backoffice version not the standalone version.   The Site

is a problem since our name is 26 characters in length.  I need to get it
changed somehow to a shorter name and .org.  Am I going to have to rebuild
the nt server.  I can't seem to get the site changed and I can't reinstall
exchange server from the install disks since it already sees it on the
system.  Please help!!.

Thank you for any help.

D. Leighner

"Site address"

Post by Geng Q » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

1> Ask your ISP to point MX and A record to the new name
2> Change the site name to the shorter one.
3> Stop the service and re-start

Hope this will help!

Regards,
Geng Qu [James]

> Hello everyone,
>     I'm new to this group.  I have a question about the "site address" on
> Exchange server 5.5. We are currently are not connected to the internet
and
> are NOT RUNNING exchange but someone installed it for us when backoffice
was
> installed.

>      We are going to be getting dsl hook-up sometime in the next month or
> two.  This is the backoffice version not the standalone version.   The
Site

> is a problem since our name is 26 characters in length.  I need to get it
> changed somehow to a shorter name and .org.  Am I going to have to rebuild
> the nt server.  I can't seem to get the site changed and I can't reinstall
> exchange server from the install disks since it already sees it on the
> system.  Please help!!.

> Thank you for any help.

> D. Leighner

"Site address"

Post by NEOLEIGHNE » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I don't have a ISP yet,  and how would i change the site name to a new
one???

BTW   does anyone know a good reference source for more complex q's on
exchange admin?   ie book or web-site??

Thanks

> 1> Ask your ISP to point MX and A record to the new name
> 2> Change the site name to the shorter one.
> 3> Stop the service and re-start

> Hope this will help!

> Regards,
> Geng Qu [James]

> > Hello everyone,
> >     I'm new to this group.  I have a question about the "site address"
on
> > Exchange server 5.5. We are currently are not connected to the internet
> and
> > are NOT RUNNING exchange but someone installed it for us when backoffice
> was
> > installed.

> >      We are going to be getting dsl hook-up sometime in the next month
or
> > two.  This is the backoffice version not the standalone version.   The
> Site

This
> > is a problem since our name is 26 characters in length.  I need to get
it
> > changed somehow to a shorter name and .org.  Am I going to have to
rebuild
> > the nt server.  I can't seem to get the site changed and I can't
reinstall
> > exchange server from the install disks since it already sees it on the
> > system.  Please help!!.

> > Thank you for any help.

> > D. Leighner

"Site address"

Post by Henry Hic » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Managing Microsoft Exchange Server by Paul Robichaux is a good book.  The
books on_line that is installed with Exchange server is another good source.
Then there are the web sites http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm,
http://www.slipstick.com/ (just listed these two, search the web for
Exchange should provide you with more sites)

> I don't have a ISP yet,  and how would i change the site name to a new
> one???

> BTW   does anyone know a good reference source for more complex q's on
> exchange admin?   ie book or web-site??

> Thanks

> > 1> Ask your ISP to point MX and A record to the new name
> > 2> Change the site name to the shorter one.
> > 3> Stop the service and re-start

> > Hope this will help!

> > Regards,
> > Geng Qu [James]

> > > Hello everyone,
> > >     I'm new to this group.  I have a question about the "site address"
> on
> > > Exchange server 5.5. We are currently are not connected to the
internet
> > and
> > > are NOT RUNNING exchange but someone installed it for us when
backoffice
> > was
> > > installed.

> > >      We are going to be getting dsl hook-up sometime in the next month
> or
> > > two.  This is the backoffice version not the standalone version.   The
> > Site

> This
> > > is a problem since our name is 26 characters in length.  I need to get
> it
> > > changed somehow to a shorter name and .org.  Am I going to have to
> rebuild
> > > the nt server.  I can't seem to get the site changed and I can't
> reinstall
> > > exchange server from the install disks since it already sees it on the
> > > system.  Please help!!.

> > > Thank you for any help.

> > > D. Leighner

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. Moving mailboxes between servers

3. Creating multiple SMTP addresses in "Site Addressing"

4. Deliver and forward

5. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

6. Exchange Server 2000 Maintenance

7. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""

8. Out of Office message

9. X400 addresses on incoming mail converted to "bogos"smtp addresses

10. no addresses in "all address list"

11. From address different to "real" address

12. "site" goofup

13. Pre-installation - "site" goofup