Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

Post by Bill Nguye » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 05:19:05

Is it possible to move Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a WIn2K server to a another
machine with  Exchange 2003/Win 2003 server? If  it is, where can I find the
procedure to carry it out?
Thanks a million.
Bill

Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

Post by Susa » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:18:04

Not sure what you're asking, but the best way to accomplish moving from a
5.5 server to a 2003 server would be to bring up the Exchange 2003 server,
configure an active directory connector, then use the Move mailbox wizard to
move the mailboxes to the new server...you'll also want to replicate all
your public folder data...there is a lot of information on the MS website on
migrations to Exchange 2003...

Quote:> Is it possible to move Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a WIn2K server to a another
> machine with  Exchange 2003/Win 2003 server? If  it is, where can I find
the
> procedure to carry it out?
> Thanks a million.
> Bill

Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

Post by Bill Nguye » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:29:42

Thanks Susan;
I was looking for information on how to migrate/upgrade my existing Exchange
5.5 directly to Exchange 2003. I understand that there's no direct upgrade
path from 5.5, so a new server (with Win 2003) is needed to install Exchange
2003 first. The next step is to move mailboxes and public folders to the new
machine. I'm looking for specific articles that will help walking me thru
all this.
Thanks again
Bill

> Not sure what you're asking, but the best way to accomplish moving from a
> 5.5 server to a 2003 server would be to bring up the Exchange 2003 server,
> configure an active directory connector, then use the Move mailbox wizard
> move the mailboxes to the new server...you'll also want to replicate all
> your public folder data...there is a lot of information on the MS website
on
> migrations to Exchange 2003...

> > Is it possible to move Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a WIn2K server to a another
> > machine with  Exchange 2003/Win 2003 server? If  it is, where can I find
> the
> > procedure to carry it out?
> > Thanks a million.
> > Bill

1. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Hi,

yesterday I performed a clean install of Windows 2003, with Exchange 2003 RC1 and Office 2003 Beta 2, just as is recommended on the exchange 2003 site. On the site there is also mentioned to obtain an office 2003 update:
  To install the Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh:

    1.. Install Office 2003 Beta 2.
    2.. Use the Microsoft Office Update detection tool to detect and install the Office System 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh.
When I use the detection tool no update is found, I also can not find the technical refresh as a downloadable file. But Outlook 2003 does not work.

Has someone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know where to get the update?

Thanks!

Marco

2. Offline Address Book Missing from Outlook

3. Problems installing Exchange 2003 Beta 2 on Win 2003 (Final Release Version)

4. Calendar in Outlook 97 and Outlook Web...

5. Migrate from NT4 domain to 2k domain and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

6. HELP! PST file problem

7. Exchange 5.5 SP4, Win NT 4.0 SP6a, Office (Outlook) 2003

8. Connecting to the local exchange server..HELP

9. Exchange Server 2003 and WINS

10. Exchange 2000 on Win 2003 server

11. Exchange 2000 installed on Win Server 2003 / Cannot send or recieve e-mails

12. 5.5 Admin Prog on Win 2003?

13. NT4/ Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003/ Exchange 2003