Error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the

Error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the

Post by Digo » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 02:18:46

I recently setup a 2nd exchange server.  It has 10 hard
drives configured in a Raid 50. (Data gets written to two
sets of raid 5's.)  On 2 occasions the information store
has stopped due to an error when writing to the log
file.  One time I had to manually restart the store.  2nd
time the store automatically restarted itself?? Can
someone suggest what might be causing this problem.
There is plenty of disk space.

First log just before the stopping of the store from
Application log.

9:51:43 AM  The delivery of a message failed due to error
FFFFFE02.  A non-delivery report is being sent to the
message's originator.

9:51:43 AM  EventID 1111 - An error occurred while
writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the
Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

9:51:43 AM  EventID 125 - MSExchangeIS (428) Unable to
create the log. The drive may be read-only, out of disk
space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.

9:51:43 AM  EventID 145 - MSExchangeIS (428) The database
engine could not access the file called
E:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\edbtmp.log.

9:51:56 AM  EventID 593 - MSExchangeIS (428) The database
engine failed with error -510 while trying to log the
commit of a transaction.  To ensure database consistency,
the process was terminated.  Simply restart the process
to force database recovery and return the database to a
consistent state.

9:51:56 AM  EventID 1006 - The Microsoft Exchange
Information Store has stopped.

Last log before manually restarting the information store.

Help,
Digo

Error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:29:42

It sounds like a hardware problem.  But your disk organization isn't the
best.  You should have completely physically separate mirrored set for the
IS and DS logs.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> I recently setup a 2nd exchange server.  It has 10 hard
> drives configured in a Raid 50. (Data gets written to two
> sets of raid 5's.)  On 2 occasions the information store
> has stopped due to an error when writing to the log
> file.  One time I had to manually restart the store.  2nd
> time the store automatically restarted itself?? Can
> someone suggest what might be causing this problem.
> There is plenty of disk space.

> First log just before the stopping of the store from
> Application log.

> 9:51:43 AM  The delivery of a message failed due to error
> FFFFFE02.  A non-delivery report is being sent to the
> message's originator.

> 9:51:43 AM  EventID 1111 - An error occurred while
> writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the
> Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

> 9:51:43 AM  EventID 125 - MSExchangeIS (428) Unable to
> create the log. The drive may be read-only, out of disk
> space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.

> 9:51:43 AM  EventID 145 - MSExchangeIS (428) The database
> engine could not access the file called
> E:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\edbtmp.log.

> 9:51:56 AM  EventID 593 - MSExchangeIS (428) The database
> engine failed with error -510 while trying to log the
> commit of a transaction.  To ensure database consistency,
> the process was terminated.  Simply restart the process
> to force database recovery and return the database to a
> consistent state.

> 9:51:56 AM  EventID 1006 - The Microsoft Exchange
> Information Store has stopped.

> Last log before manually restarting the information store.

> Help,
> Digo

Error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the

What other software is installed and running on that server?

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. Information Store stops when trying to write log file

[...]

2. OWA question

3. Restoring database,Temporary log/patch file location error

4. Exchange and Proxy 2 help needed

5. E8602 Failed to read from database and Read/Write error in named pipes

6. BrowseExchangeAgents Macro Problems

7. e8602 failed to read database (69) Read write error in named pipes

8. Exchange 5.5 and relaying email

9. Exchange 2000 Log files and Database files

10. 451 Error while writing spool file

11. Error encountered when creating or writing to recipient file

12. Database corrupt and missing log file

13. Database driver and transaction log file drive