Publish newsgroups through Exchange 5.5 to web

Publish newsgroups through Exchange 5.5 to web

Post by Jeppe Sverdrup Brynjulfs » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I red some time ago about some add-on components to Exchange 5.5.
Those particular components was able to publish NNTP-newsgroups
through Exchange to HTML (web). Anyone heard of something like this?

We are making an online forum, and it woul be great to use Exchange as
gateway for the newsgroup - something like OWA does for mail and
public folders.

Please let me know if anyone of you know how you use these components
with Exchange.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Jeppe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeppe Sverdrup Brynjulfsen, mcse, mct
Software Scenario AS
Pilestredet 46 - 0167 Oslo
http://www.softscenario.no

1. Publishing public folders as newsgroups from Exchange client

I'm using the downloaded trial Exchange 5.0 Server. I've created a number
of public folders, and I'm trying to connect NNTP clients to read those
public folders. Presumably I need to go into the Properties of the these
folders (within the Exchange client), and use the Internet tab to declare
that the public folder is published.

Thus far, however, the contents of the Internet tab have always been grayed
out. I've fiddled with every setting in the Administrator that I can think
of. NNTP protocol has been enabled for both the server and the client. I
can successfully connect NNTP clients to the server, but they don't see
anything.

Is this a feature that has been disabled in the trial version? Or am I
missing something else?

MUCH thanks in advance,

-Georg Buehler
Elsinore Technologies, Inc.

2. RFI: about public ffolders

3. Exchange 5.0 - secondary MX handling

4. Publish Newsgroups...

5. Cannot see public folder calendar appointments

6. New newsgroup names not published under nntp

7. Question about this group - Please Read

8. Publish PF as newsgroup

9. create newsgroup and publish it on an intranet

10. Problem with Publishing Pub Folder as Newsgroup

11. Publish an Exchange folder to web

12. Publish the ms exchange Global Address List on the web