site service account

Post by Craig Johnso » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:41:00

okay i am new to exchange server.  this system was set up
before i got here and i have been reading all these post
and researching just various topics and trying to learn as
much as i can.  but i want to first ask... on my server it
has an administrator account and all the users.  but i do
not see a site sevice account on the exchange or NT server.

ps

using exchange 5.5 and nt server 2000.

thanks

site service account

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:24:08

In Exch admin prog under "SiteName" select configuration container and press
Alt-Enter. Click Service Account password.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

site service account

Post by Alfred Lo » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:26:28

Is it possible to restrict logon using Service account to the mail servers?
I don't want the users to try their luck with the service account.

--
AL, MCSE
"Why curse the darkness when you can light a candle"

> In Exch admin prog under "SiteName" select configuration container and
press
> Alt-Enter. Click Service Account password.

> > okay i am new to exchange server.  this system was set up
> > before i got here and i have been reading all these post
> > and researching just various topics and trying to learn as
> > much as i can.  but i want to first ask... on my server it
> > has an administrator account and all the users.  but i do
> > not see a site sevice account on the exchange or NT server.

> > ps

> > using exchange 5.5 and nt server 2000.

> > thanks

> --
> Corrections are welcome.
> Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

site service account

Yes, it is possible.