Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory

Post by Todd Booher [MVP » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:42:34

You will need to setup your active directory connector and connection
agreements so
the 5.5 directory info is visible from AD.  I've included a KB article that
talks about the
different scenario (you sound like you are in scenario 1).

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296260&Produc...

Todd

Quote:> I have Exchange 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server machine.  I am going

to install Active Directory 2003 on a different machine and the Exchange
server will be a member server.  Are there any steps I need to take on the
Exchange server for it to become part of the Active Directory environment or
can I leave the system as is and not have to change anything?  Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

1. exchange 5.5 and Active Directory on Win 2000

Hello,

I want to create a user in AD( on Win 2000) and a mailbox
on Exchange 5.5.
If Active Directory is setup and the replication is from AD
to Exchange, is it possible that if I create a user in AD
to create automatically a mailbox for that user?

I want to add a user in AD with a program in C# using LDAP
provider, setup attributes for that user (what are exchange
LDAP attributes that need to be set?) and automatically to
create a mailbox for that user.

Thank you.

2. How To: Employe has left the Company

3. Preparing Exchange 5.5 for Active Directory

4. Workflow Designer

5. Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory

6. Unable to Download Offline Address Book

7. Exchange 5.5 in Active directory

8. 3rd-Party Reporting for Exchange

9. Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory

10. Moving Exchange 5.5 into Active Directory Domain

11. exchange 5.5 and Active Directory coexist?

12. Preparing Exchange 5.5 for Active Directory