Wrong reply address - Exchange 5.5

Post by Kim » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 06:23:43

A client that uses Windows 95 with an outlook 97 client was moving from one site
to another sites (Exchange 5.5)

A pst file was created.

A new mailbox was created and the pst file merged into the new mailbox.
The old mailbox was then deleted.

Know when the client sends an email the reply address is populated with the
clients old email address.

We tried rebuilding the clients outlook profile - didn't fix problem.
We then rebuilt the clients outlook profile and windows95 profile - didn't fix
problem.  I even tried making the client a new mailbox.

Has anone every come across this?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wrong reply address - Exchange 5.5

Post by Henry Hic » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 08:34:04

Check the Email Addresses tab under the user's mailbox properties and see
what SMTP addresses are there and which one is selected a the 'Reply
Address'.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 10:24:16

>A client that uses Windows 95 with an outlook 97 client was moving from one site
>to another sites (Exchange 5.5)

>A pst file was created.

>A new mailbox was created and the pst file merged into the new mailbox.
>The old mailbox was then deleted.

>Know when the client sends an email the reply address is populated with the
>clients old email address.

Does this happen when composes a new message, or when he replies to a
message that was moved to this mailbox? If it only happens on replies,
the problem is probably because the message contains the old mailbox
Obj-Dist-name.

Does the Outlook profile contain either a Personal Address Book or an
Outlook Address Book? In the profile, on the "Addressing" tab, is the
"Global Address List" checked before either of those address books?
maybe the guy's got himself in one of the address books?

Quote:>We tried rebuilding the clients outlook profile - didn't fix problem.
>We then rebuilt the clients outlook profile and windows95 profile - didn't fix
>problem.  I even tried making the client a new mailbox.

>Has anone every come across this?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP