OWA logon .. HTML based instead of getting a prompt?

OWA logon .. HTML based instead of getting a prompt?

Post by Baphome » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:44:02

when i go to \\servername\exchange, i get a lil popup box that asks for my
username/pw/domain; i would like to make a web page with text boxes for
name/pw (and domain if needed .. i have my default domain set) instead of
having the user prompted for the values.

is there any documentation as to how to do this? from what i understand,
exchange 5.5 had this, but i'm on exchange 2000 on a win2k server.

thanks in advance,
jeff

OWA logon .. HTML based instead of getting a prompt?

Post by Robba » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:11:12

Turn of Digest autof. in the system manager for exchange2000. Prompt the
netbiosname for the domian.

Robert

Quote:> when i go to \\servername\exchange, i get a lil popup box that asks for my

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:46:29

> from what i understand, exchange 5.5 had this, but i'm on exchange 2000 on

a win2k server.

Neither Exchange 5.5 nor 2000 have this feature. It is a Windows
authentication issue and I have used a third party component called
"ASPUser" with success in the past to accomplish that. Check
http://www.aspuser.com

Note that I do NOT work for that company ;-)

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

OWA logon .. HTML based instead of getting a prompt?

Post by Baphome » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:50:06

thank you for the confirmation =)

Jeff

>> from what i understand, exchange 5.5 had this, but i'm on exchange 2000
on
>a win2k server.

>Neither Exchange 5.5 nor 2000 have this feature. It is a Windows
>authentication issue and I have used a third party component called
>"ASPUser" with success in the past to accomplish that. Check
>http://www.aspuser.com

>Note that I do NOT work for that company ;-)

>--
>Siegfried Weber

>Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
>Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

>CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
>Application Development
>http://www.cdolive.com

>Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
>discussion.
>Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

1. OWA Logon: Forms-based instead of 401 popup?

Hello,

I am trying to learn how to us html forms to log users into OWA for
Exchange2000.  The default for either Integrated Windows Authentication or
Basic authentication is a 401 popup dialog box, but I would prefer to use an
html form with the company's look and feel.  Does anyone know how to do
this?

TIA

Sincerely,
Shane Short

2. Urgent-- How to connect Outlook Express to Exchange server

3. HTML message are sent as multipart/alternative instead of text/html

4. Strange behavior of Exchange 5.5 Event Agent

5. NTDSATRB - unable to connect to Exchange 5.5 server

6. Exchange 5.5 IMCDUMP

7. OWA client gets prompted to login.......

8. OWA Logon prompt

9. Single logon prompt for 2k owa access

10. OWA 2000 prompting for a double logon

11. OWA 2000 and logon prompt