False eval alarm for Exchange 2000 Enterprise version

Post by part » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:44:40

Hi,

I have installed a fresh copy of Enterprise version of Microsoft Exchange
server 2000
in the log it shows

[13:41:58] Setup configuration information:
[13:41:58] This is a(n) Enterprise version of Microsoft Exchange 2000
[13:41:58] This is not an evaluation copy of Microsoft Exchange 2000; it
will not expire

And I am getting following Error in Event viewer

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1182
Date:  6/28/2002
Time:  5:10:17 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: BHISHMA
Thank you for your participation in the Microsoft Exchange Server beta
program. Your license to use this beta version of the Microsoft Exchange
Server software has expired.  Contact Microsoft Corporation.

Followed by event ID

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: Monitoring
Event ID: 1005
Date:  6/28/2002
Time:  5:11:26 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: BHISHMA
Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing connection
to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected, unknown error has
occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:
80040115-0514-000006b5>> occurred.

Dose anybody know why this occurs and what is the work around/fix for this?

Thanks,
Parth

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:51:27

>I have installed a fresh copy of Enterprise version of Microsoft Exchange
>server 2000
>in the log it shows

>[13:41:58] Setup configuration information:
>[13:41:58] This is a(n) Enterprise version of Microsoft Exchange 2000
>[13:41:58] This is not an evaluation copy of Microsoft Exchange 2000; it
>will not expire

Where did you get the installation CD? Beta releases of the software
don't expire in "X" number of days, but they DO expire -- usually a
few months after the planned RTM date.

Quote:>Dose anybody know why this occurs and what is the work around/fix for this?

Get a copy of the retail version of Exchange.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

False eval alarm for Exchange 2000 Enterprise version

I got this with my MSDN Universal subscription.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:01:15

>I got this with my MSDN Universal subscription.

A recent one? Or one from a couple of years ago?

I'd make sure there's no remnants of any previous Exchange
installation on that machine and try again. Otherwise, call the MSDN
subcriber service and find out what's going on.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. False eval alarm for Exchange 2000 Enterprise version

Date:  6/28/2002
Time:  5:11:26 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: BHISHMA
Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing connection
to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected, unknown error has
occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:
80040115-0514-000006b5>> occurred.

Dose anybody know why this occurs and what is the work around/fix for this?

Thanks,
Parth

2. OWA default language

3. date and time stamp for legal purpose

4. I can do everything with Exchange except receiving mail :-( Please Help!

5. Install Exchange 5.5 Enterprise over Eval Version?

6. Restore mail from a hdrive

7. E2k Enterprise Edition Eval Version

8. Upgrading Eval version -> Enterprise full

9. Exchange 2000 Standard Eval to Live Version Upgrade

10. Exchange 2000 Eval version

11. Exchange 2000 Standard vs. Enterprise Version