322051 problem on Windows 2000 server and exchange 5.5 Admin not opening

322051 problem on Windows 2000 server and exchange 5.5 Admin not opening

Post by Ron Taylo » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:13:57

I am having the exact same problem as described in the
Knowledge Base Article 322051
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%
3B322051

However, I am not running NT4, but 2000 server. I
obtained the hotfix described in the article, but it
doesn't install on a non-NT computer. I have checked the
DLLs mentioned in the article, and as far as I can tell
they are the 56bit versions (although only one actually
says "export version" the others give no indication)

I am not exactly sure what caused this. I have inherited
this network and cannot speak to the previous admin for
some time while he is on vacation. I know he "tried" to
install as update of some sort.

It is Windows 2000 Server running SBS 2000 as well.

Any help is appreciated.

1. Exchange Admin 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server

I'm trying to run just the Exchnage 5.5 Admin program on a
Windows 2000 server (My Exchnage server is on an NT 4.0
server somewhere else in my domain), however I get he
following error:

"A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange
Server computer 'XXXXX'. The Microsoft Exchange Server
computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID
no. DS_E_COMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM"

This problem is detailed on Microsofts Knowledgebase No:
147223.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. event log problem

3. Exchange server 2000 does not install on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

4. How to 100% un-install Exchange

5. Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Server (not Advanced Server)

6. E2K Migration & Group

7. Serious Exchange 5.5 / Windows 2000 Server problem

8. Recorvery -- how to roll forward logs?

9. Problem to delete an Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows 2000 domain

10. 322051

11. Problem to delete an Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows 2000 domain

12. Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Install Setup Problem C103798a on Windows 2000 Server, Win2k, Exch55

13. Migrating 5.5 exchange server Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000