HTML/Text Formatting mail message

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

                                        [ snip ]

Quote:>My mailbox can be read from my Unix account:  using Netscape and IMAP4
>protocol
>After a GetMessage,the same mail is seen as a  plain text message

>Why I am loosing the HTML formatting: viewing the mail header I get a

Check the "Message Format" tab of the IMAP4 protocol. Are both boxes
checked, or only "Provide message body as plain text"?

There's a similar configuration on the POP3 protocol.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

HTML/Text Formatting mail message

Post by Stephane Frigger » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

EX5.5, OL98 C/W, NT and/or Unix Netscape IMAP4
Funny thing happened to me
I sent myself an HTML formatted mail message using OL98.
Read it with OL98: it is an HTML formatted mail message which I can View the
code

My mailbox can be read from my Unix account:  using Netscape and IMAP4
protocol
After a GetMessage,the same mail is seen as a  plain text message

Why I am loosing the HTML formatting: viewing the mail header I get a

HOw to avoid this as it messed up a TopManagement Communique to all World
staff (guess who get the firing?)

--

HTML/Text Formatting mail message

Post by Stephane Frigger » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Rick for the info,
I modified Protocols settings at site level

Rich Matheisen [MVP] a crit dans le message ...

> [ snip ]

>>My mailbox can be read from my Unix account:  using Netscape and IMAP4
>>protocol
>>After a GetMessage,the same mail is seen as a  plain text message

>>Why I am loosing the HTML formatting: viewing the mail header I get a

>Check the "Message Format" tab of the IMAP4 protocol. Are both boxes
>checked, or only "Provide message body as plain text"?

>There's a similar configuration on the POP3 protocol.

>------------------
>Rich Matheisen
>MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Send Both HTML format and Text-Only format Content in ONE email

Hello,

Do you know how to send both HTML format and text-only format content in ONE
email under
Microsoft platform?

If I want to let the receiver to see the Text-Only content if he is using
text-based platform, e.g. LotusNote.  However, if the receiver is using
certain email-client which support HTML format email, it will show the HTML
email to him instead.  Is this possible to do this?

Thx!

Stella

2. Replication - Calendar into Public

3. OWA causing IIS to crash

4. Exchange Server 5 mailbox question.

5. exchange message format - html or plain text

6. move exchange 2000 from sbs to w2k standard

7. Message format -html or plain text

8. exchange message format - html or plain text

9. Message format -html or plain text

10. exchange message format - html or plain text

11. HTML message are sent as multipart/alternative instead of text/html