Event ID: 1096, strange error

Post by Zigdroole » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:16:25

Here's the skinny.  Users can no longer empty their
mailbox deleted items folder.  It just hangs on them.
Exchange 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 server.

Event ID: 1096
The table is closed. Type: 5
Last access: 10/02/2003 15:51:38
Session ID: 0x3521500
Table ID: 0x11c65bd0

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  Shoot me an
email if you have.  Thanks.

Shawn

Event ID: 1096, strange error

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:57:41

Try running Performance Optimizer.  If  you are still receiving these events
after optimizer, check to see if you have diagnostic logging turned up:

- Open the Exchange Administrator Program

- Select the Server and display the Properties

- Click the Diagnostics Logging tab

- Expand MSExchangeIS and select System in the Services pane

- Select Table Cache in the Category pane

 -- Is The Logging Level was set to Maximum?.

- Reset the Logging Level to None and click OK.

If the events still occur, schedule time to take the information store down
and run the following from the command prompt in your exchsrvr\bin folder

isinteg -fix -pri -test alltests

And then on the pub:

   isinteg -fix -pub -test alltests

Run this until you receive 0 errors.  It is normal to receive many warnings.
If, after 3x you are still receiving errors, it is unlikely anything else
will be fixed so do not run a 4th time.

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Here's the skinny.  Users can no longer empty their
> mailbox deleted items folder.  It just hangs on them.
> Exchange 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 server.

> Event ID: 1096
> The table is closed. Type: 5
> Last access: 10/02/2003 15:51:38
> Session ID: 0x3521500
> Table ID: 0x11c65bd0

> Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  Shoot me an
> email if you have.  Thanks.

> Shawn

1. Event ID 1096

Event ID: 1096

Source: MSExchangeIS Private

Type: Information

Category: Table Cache

Session ID: 0x4660580 Table ID: 0x1102f900

Does anyone know what this event ID means? I am getting this about 4 times a
second on my Exchange server! I cannot find any information regarding this
event ID on Technet or Microsoft or any other of the various web sites I
searched. Any help will be much appreciated. It may have something to do
with an incident that occured last week. The IMC service stopped last week.
I went to check out the server, and couldn't do anything (the keyboard
didn't even respond). I imagine that the server was stuck on some process.
The only thing I found in the event viewer was the event ID 1096 as
described above.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Mia

2. IMS relay problem!!!

3. Where is the Mac Client

4. Exch5.5 & NAV

5. Reasons for Event ID 1096

6. Exchange MMC Snapin

7. Reasons for event ID 1096

8. table cache event 1096

9. MSExchangeIS Priv Table Cache (event 1096)

10. Table is closed Error Message: 1096

11. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107