Add addresses to global address book

Post by Camilla Ingh » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I want to give my users the permission to add addresses to the global
adressbook using their Outlook client.
Is this possible?

Add addresses to global address book

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I want to give my users the permission to add addresses to the global
> adressbook using their Outlook client.
> Is this possible?

    No.  The closest you can come to this is a public folder containing
Contact items.  Each user will have to manually go into the folder's
properties and check the box to show the folder as an address book.

1. Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook

I can add adresses to the global address list in Exchange Admin on the
Exchange server. I tried to do the same from outlook, but am given the
message 'you cannot create entries for this address book'. This happens
even when I log on to Exchange as administrator (or as a user that has
administrator rights on the address book). It seems I can only add to my
personal address book....!

I desperately need to make it possible for certain users to add addresses
to the global address list since changes are frequent. I want them to do
this in Outlook since I don't want them to work on the Exchange server with
the admin tools...

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Marco Essers

2. Site Connector without trust?

3. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

4. updating Exchange 5.5 administrator

5. Only for ONE user Do not Reroute incoming SMTP mail

6. Adding an address book from outlook to the Global address list in exchange

7. Need help Using Exchange 2K/OWA with a NAT Proxy Server

8. add SMTP address to global address book

9. How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

10. Global Address Book, adding non-users SMTP addresses???

11. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

12. Personal Address Book Vs Global Add Book in Exchange 5.5