Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it working!!

Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it working!!

Post by Brent Denn » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all

I have tried to get an outbound newsfeed working with no success, as yet.

From what i believe the outbound newsfeed should just try to communicate
with port 119 an then the configured push feed from the receivers end should
accept the incomming feed.

Pull feed works great.

By the way I am trying this with both of the NNTP servers running Exch 5.5
SP1.

Any clues, any problems???

--
B Denny
MCT MCSE MCP

Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it working!!

Post by Ronald Groenevel » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Doesn't push pull only apply to the setup of retrieving news articles.
Outbound news articles are just sent over port 119 aren't they?
                Posted At:      Monday, 08 March, 1999 10:58 AM
                Posted To:      admin
                Conversation:   Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it
working!!
                Subject:        Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it
working!!

                Hi all

                I have tried to get an outbound newsfeed working with no
success, as yet.

                From what i believe the outbound newsfeed should just
try to communicate

-

Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it working!!

Post by Access On » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

both push and pull feeds only refer to inbound connections, so outbound from
the source meets up with a pull inbound feed on my end. I understand the
concepts ok. its just getting the outbound and pull feeds working together I
was having some problems with. the pull feed works great..