Clean corrupted mail files?

Post by Todd Heik » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

I have mail messages that I can not view, move, or delete.  Is there a
utility I can use to
fix my mailbox.  I have used esutil and mtadatacheck to no evail.  I am
resorting to deleting and re-inserting mailboxes.
Some mailboxes will not delete.  Any Ideas???

Thanks
Todd

Clean corrupted mail files?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Sounds like you have corrupted priv.edb.
Have you tryed isinteg and edbutil (eseutil incase of ExchServ55) in TEST
mode?

> I have mail messages that I can not view, move, or delete.  Is there a
> utility I can use to
> fix my mailbox.  I have used esutil and mtadatacheck to no evail.  I am
> resorting to deleting and re-inserting mailboxes.
> Some mailboxes will not delete.  Any Ideas???

> Thanks
> Todd

1. Corrupt mail file, I think--help?

I am using OL98 to connect to an Exchange 5.5 server.  Yesterday, my Outlook
started crashing spontaneously, about 15-30 seconds after I start it.
Sometimes I get Dr. Watson, sometimes the window just goes away, poof!

I have tried creating a new profile for myself, and I still crash.  I have
tried a profile to access another mailbox on Exchange, and that works fine.
This leads me to believe it is my mail file itself that is corrupt, yes?  I
also tried connecting to the other services I have set up  in my original
profile (Internet e-mail, personal folders, ldap server, etc.),
individually, and had no problem with any of those, either.  This, too,
convinces me that it is a problem specifically with my individual mail file
on the exchange server.

Does anyone have any suggestions to correct this, or further diagnose what
is wrong with this mail file?  I'd rather exhaust other means before we
start talking about restoring the entire information store or my starting a
new mailbox from scratch.  But we are rather new to Exchange so I'm not sure
where to go from here.

Please reply via e-mail as well as post--my e-mail is not processed through
exchange so I will be able to receive incoming messages.  Thanks!

Laura

2. Alias in Exchange Server

3. Corrupt file damage mail data?

4. routing email from ISP to exchange 2000 server

5. Text file corrupted. sending to UNIX mail sever

6. Exchange and the year 2000 problem

7. Corrupt mail file, I think--help?

8. MAPI: Hooks & message stores

9. Corrupt file damage mail data?

10. Corrupted E-Mail Files Crashing Exchange Store

11. Cleaning up log files

12. cleaning up pst files

13. Cleaning out priv databse file?