convert domino / notes r5 to exchange pst or exchange mailbox

convert domino / notes r5 to exchange pst or exchange mailbox

Post by Marty Ega » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:15:54

We are absorbing 5 users who need to migrate their mail from Domino / Notes
R5 and their names.nsf (address books)

Our Exchange is running NT4/sp6 Exch. 5.5 sp4.   I cannot use the Connector
because their is no connection between their network and ours.

convert domino / notes r5 to exchange pst or exchange mailbox

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 11:22:03

There might be something here that will help:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/convert.htm
Converting Addresses and Messages

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

Quote:> We are absorbing 5 users who need to migrate their mail from Domino /
Notes
> R5 and their names.nsf (address books)

> Our Exchange is running NT4/sp6 Exch. 5.5 sp4.   I cannot use the
Connector
> because their is no connection between their network and ours.

convert domino / notes r5 to exchange pst or exchange mailbox

Post by Jeff Forres » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:24:42

We had a similar problem, you can set up outlook to use pop3 to get messages
from the inbox. If the users have multiple folders you'll need IMAP so will
probably need Outlook 2002. This will get the data into PSTs which you can
then pull into exchange. To get the address books MS have a nifty tool
called nabimport (as I recall).

You could also set up Outlook to connect to Notes with the Notes service for
Outlook but this is flaky as hell.

Post by Marty Eg » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:52:39

> We are absorbing 5 users who need to migrate their mail from Domino / Notes
> R5 and their names.nsf (address books)

> Our Exchange is running NT4/sp6 Exch. 5.5 sp4.   I cannot use the Connector
> because their is no connection between their network and ours.

As a follow up to my own post, we are using Uniaccess 2.0, available
at http://www.jconsult.com/migrate/uni.shtml.  With only minimal,
(trivial, really)  problems, it cleanly converts messages, calendars,
and address books to / from almost all popular formats / mail systems.
 I commend this product to anyone needing to do this.

Good luck, and thanks!