Relay error #5.7.1

Post by Andy S » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:56:20

I have a client that when they send me an email message they sometimes get the following NDR:

75% of the time the emails go through.  I am setup as a contact in their global address book.  I have looked for restrictions and I do not see any.  They are using Outlook in Exchange server mode.

1. E-mail 550 relaying error

I have an exchange 5.5 server that is hosting at least 20 domains.  We have
added today another and tested their e-mail accounts which worked fine for
me.  (E-mail client Outlook Express 2000) I handed it over to our tech
support and the client was receiving this error:

550 relaying is prohibited

I know that this is a common error and that it usually means the client has
not checked the box stating my server requires authentication.  We have gone
over and over this again and I noticed that the client was dialing in.

I tried dialing in on my laptop and noticed I was receiving the same error
that the client was receiving. I have double and tripled check the set up
and still cannot figure out what my problem is.  Can someone please help?

-Debra

2. Outlook tools menu, accounts

3. Relay Error - Can not receive incoming mail from external sources

4. OWA access problem

5. Relay Error / smarthost?

6. No Mail on Exchange 2000 Enterprise

7. Relay error

8. Even ID: 7024 !!

9. Exchange server publishing ISA server relay error

10. Unable to Relay error from OE55 IMAP client

11. Relay error?

12. Exchange Relay Error Massages

13. 550 5.7.1 Relay Error