Force ABV instead of GAL

Post by Fernando Flore » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Need to restrict views to ABV's.  I'm able to select a view from the
client PC, how can this be forced/configured through Exchange?

Force ABV instead of GAL

Post by <ro.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi
You can set the search permission to the NT group of users you wish to see
the specific view.
But be aware that by giving someone the search permission you would deny
everyone else this right,
including the site service account don`t forget to give it the search
permission too.
In order to set search on ABV you must first configure the anonymous user in
the DS site configuration container
--
Ronen Gabbay
Hi-Tech College

Quote:> Need to restrict views to ABV's.  I'm able to select a view from the
> client PC, how can this be forced/configured through Exchange?

Force ABV instead of GAL

Post by Hesham Mahmou » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I just tested it and Outlook Y2k does recognize all the alternate SMT{P
addresses>>>

1. Setting a default ABV instead of GAL for all users

I have windows 2000 terminal servers with citrix. I have
Outlook 2000 published for user access. When they open up
Outlook and go to their Address Book, the default list is
the GAL. Is there are way to set this to be a different
Address book for all users that log in and open outlook so
they do not have to set it?

Thank you,
Donald Dawson
Winn Dixie Stores

2. Problem in Outlook Web Access

3. Forcing OL97/98 Calendar instead of Schedule+ from account on Exchange Server

4. Is it normal in DCs after exchange2k installation?

5. Public folders instead of the GAL

6. Getting key server to work...

7. GAL List x400 Address instead of SMTP

8. Disappearing Out of Office Assistant

9. Forcing incoming mail to authenticate with GAL

10. ABV permissions problem

11. Empty ABV containers

12. empty containers in ABV

13. lost right to administer rights in ABV