Outlook Web Access problems-Access Forbidden

Outlook Web Access problems-Access Forbidden

Post by gp » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I keep getting Access Forbidden everytime a try to use Web access to get
mail . When I enter http://Myserver/exchange  i get the HTTP/1.1 403 Access
Forbidden.
I went to the HTTP Site Settings in the Exchange Administrator, checked
enable protocol and on the permissions page it has everyone entered. What
could be the problem? Please help.

Greg Prostko

Outlook Web Access problems-Access Forbidden

Post by Kimmo Bergius [MVP » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Do you have the "Log on locally" user right on the server? What
authentication method are you isng in IIS? have you set NTFS permissions on
the disk containing the Exchange files?

Cheers,
Kimmo

>I keep getting Access Forbidden everytime a try to use Web access to get
>mail . When I enter http://Myserver/exchange  i get the HTTP/1.1 403 Access
>Forbidden.
>I went to the HTTP Site Settings in the Exchange Administrator, checked
>enable protocol and on the permissions page it has everyone entered. What
>could be the problem? Please help.

>Greg Prostko

Outlook Web Access problems-Access Forbidden

Post by Solutio » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

you need to add default.asp to the line that says default.htm in the IIS
server setup
default.htm comma default.asp
--
Grey Lancaster

http://web.infoave.net/~solutions/sbs.htm

list

> I keep getting Access Forbidden everytime a try to use Web access to get
> mail . When I enter http://Myserver/exchange  i get the HTTP/1.1 403
Access
> Forbidden.
> I went to the HTTP Site Settings in the Exchange Administrator, checked
> enable protocol and on the permissions page it has everyone entered. What
> could be the problem? Please help.

> Greg Prostko

1. Web Client - 403 Access Forbidden Problem

Greetings,

I have successfully installed the web client for Exchange. It works when I
try it from the server's console but when I try to reach it from a user's
computer via IE3, I get the following error message:

HTTP/1.0 403 Access Forbidden

I think the problem may be with IIS, but I really don't know.

Any help would be appreciated...please email me.

Dan Glassman
Canyon Partners

2. Exchange 2000 SP 3 Setup

3. problems accessing Outlook Web Access

4. Reject Emails

5. Exchange web access tool other than Outlook Web access

6. Veritas, Exchange Backups, and individual messages

7. HTTP/1.0 403 Access Forbidden or Error: Access is Denied

8. Addresbook question

9. Web access forbidden

10. access forbidden when try to serve an access database on a pws

11. HTTP/1.0 403 Access Forbidden or Error: Access is Denied