Error when starting Internet Mail Service - Event ID 4037

Error when starting Internet Mail Service - Event ID 4037

Post by Richard Culle » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 12:36:38

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. This week we became infected
with a virus. I initially ran a file level anti-virus
(Norton) to clear the infection from the machines on our
network, including our Exchange Server running Exchange
5.5 SP4.

As other posts have mentioned, this didn't work fully
because the auto protect kept reporting virus detections
in the IMCDATA folder. Realising what was happening I
uninstalled the file level and installed and ran Norton
for Microsoft Exchange to clear the virus from Exchange
Server.

However in the mean time my Internet Mail Service has
caused an application error in Dr Watson. The error report
being Error 0xc0000005, error in MSEXCIMC.exe. In the
application event log I have an error with Event ID: 4037

Please can some one help me, and give me some explanation
to what has happened, and how to fix it. I am desperately
searching for an answer before the end of Saturday 8th.

Thanks,

Richard

1. IMC randomly stops service, Event ID 4037

An exception has occurred which was handled internally by the Internet
Mail Service.  This may have resulted in a message not being delivered.
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 Address: 0x77f6ce0c
I get this message, or one just like it, when the service stops.I then
start the IMC service back up and all is well until the next event.  Any
Ideas?

Jim

2. moving exchange to a different computer with same name

3. Frequent error on IMC with Event ID 4037 and 4097

4. Security for Exchange 5.5 internet mail

5. Frequently IMC errors with Event ID 4037 and 4097

6. T.120 client for Macintosh (conferencing server)

7. IMS recurrent failure with event ID 4037

8. Multiple Newsfeeds

9. MSExchangeIMC Event ID 9000 and 4037

10. Information Store, Internet Mail Service and Event Service refuse to start

11. Exchange server 5.5 SP4 problem with error Event ID: 4097, Event ID: 4037 IMC crash ???

12. Directory Service Fails to Start with Error 1067 and Event ID 148