Content Filters w/o using POP3/SMTP

Post by Chris O'Rork » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Is there any good add-on that do content filtering with Exchange 5.5 that I
could use for internal corporate email only? We don't need to filter outside
SMTP email, just internally. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Chris O'Rorke

Content Filters w/o using POP3/SMTP

Post by Julia » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

MIMESweeper for Exchange will provide content scanning, however it only
scans items entering a mailbox not leaving. They are working on this.

Quote:

See www.slipstick.com

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

1. Content Filtering for Exchange 5.5 by using Linux

Dear All

Any one have experience on building Linux Box as Content Filtering &
Firewall for Exchange 5.5? As I already install NAV, so don't want to
install additional 3rd party software to prevent compatible problems.

Existing Config:
Internet <-> MSProxy 2.0 <-> Exchange 5.5 <-> Outlook

New Config:
Internet <-> *Linux <-> Exchange 5.5 <-> Outlook

* Linux Box
1. To drop attachment with .vbs, .exe ... extension.
2. Act as Firewall for Exchange to replace MS Proxy 2.0
3. Virus Scanning

Questions:
1. Is it possilbe to setup Linux to accept email and forward to
Exchange?
2. Is it difficult to setup?
3. Any config on client programs (i.e. Outlook).

Looking for your comments.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris Lee

2. SP2 Fails to install

3. Content filter for Exchange 2000/SMTP 2000

4. General problems with Exchange since SP0

5. SMTP Content Filtering Software?

6. Change mailbox limit message

7. SMTP Gateway (content and virus filtering)...Let's discuss once again

8. Sending Exchange mail to .pst file.

9. SMTP Content filtering

10. Content filter for Exchange 2000/SMTP 2000

11. Using Exchange as POP3/SMTP Server

12. Spamming problem Exchange 5.5 using smtp and pop3

13. Can I uses SMTP and POP3 with a Xchange server