Sharing Outlook/Exchange Distributions Lists Among a group

Sharing Outlook/Exchange Distributions Lists Among a group

Post by David R Farme » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Using Outlook 8.03 and Exchange Server 5.5 I'm looking for a good way
to share distribution lists among small groups of users.  The
distribution list membership could be taken from the Global Address List
and/or from a Public Contacts Folder.  Outlook personal distribution
lists would not work well because each user would have to manage their
copy of the list.  A distribution list could be created on the Exchange
Server but then everyone could see the list in the GAL and I want only
the small group of users to see the list.  The server list could be
hidden and specific users told the alias name but the list would have to
be unhidden in order to manage (not too bad).  Does anyone have a better
solution?  Thanks.

--
David R. Farmer
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Code T11

1. Distribution List from Outlook Public Folder Shared Contacts

Does anyone know how to create an Exchange DL with members from a Shared
Contacts Public Folder.

I can create a distribution list with hidden members who have outside e-mail
addresses, but I'd prefer to have the DL "look" inside the Contacts folder
and use that as its members.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

2. Internet connectivity and WAN with Exchange

3. Outlook Shared Contacts as Distribution List

4. bad email addresses

5. hide domain local distribution groups in Outlook Global Address LIst

6. Unreachable in Monitoring and Status

7. Scheduling meetings with Distribution list groups in Outlook

8. weird

9. dif between distribution group and distribution list

10. How to share the same SMTP address among multiple Exchange 5.5 users

11. Creating Distribution Lists/Mailiing Lists in shared contacts