permissions

Post by kate » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:30:19

i changed a permission to "everyone" on the server and now
all the clients using outlook 2000 cannot log on. as they
do not have permission. i have changed it back and it
still won't allow users?

Any ideas?

permissions

Post by CysKo » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:05:44

Go to your event viewer and look in the Application Log, and see what errors
are being recorded.

Quote:> i changed a permission to "everyone" on the server and now
> all the clients using outlook 2000 cannot log on. as they
> do not have permission. i have changed it back and it
> still won't allow users?

> Any ideas?

1. Folder Permissions versus Attachment Permissions

We have a recurring problem in our Exchange Public Folders:

We have given users the rights to read and add emails to a particular Public
Folder, but not to delete or modify anything.

A user puts in a bunch of emails in said Public Folder, and they come back
later to find that they can not open the emails that have attachments.  It
appears that attachments may have different permissions than the folder /
email themselves.

Adding to the dilemma is that the problem appears to clear itself up over
time.

Has anyone else run into this?  What solutions have you found?

Thank you.

Johnmichael Monteith
Parker Smith & Feek, Inc.

2. Global Address List No Longer Available

3. permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

4. Editing Level 1 and Level 2 type attachments

5. Permissions to Change Permissions

6. Exchange Server and External Mail Addresses.

7. MAPI permissions -v- Win2000 permissions

8. Hard disk LED always active at system idle

9. Group Permissions do not work but individual permissions do??? help :(

10. Permissions? What permissions?

11. DAPIStart fails when logged on user does not have Exchange permissions