CC Mail Migration

Post by mews.pchelp.ne » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a client who has a ccmail server and an exchange server(5.5).  All
recipients have an account on each server.  The client would like to get rid
of the cc mail server and go exclusive Exchange server, however, I need to
import all the ccmail data to its corresponding exchange mailboxes.

Any ideas to make this easy would be greatly appreciated!

Jim Blixt

CC Mail Migration

Post by Massoud Sarraf » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello:

Assuming that they are on cc:Mail 8, you can do the following:

There is a migration wizard with Exchange 5.5 that you can use. It is very
picky about how you do things. You will have to experiment a little bit
before you can get it working.
It is also very impolite, the messages that it gives you are usually very
misleading. But once you figure out it is easy to use.

1 - Optimize cc:Mail P.O. before migrating.
2 - To make it faster, copy all the cc:Mail E-mails to Exchange 5.5
3 - From the Exchange map your M: drive to P.O. directory.
4 - Copy import.exe, export.exe and a couple of other files that migration
wizard tells you from the cc:Mail box to Exchange server.
5 - Use the migration wizard to export the cc:Mail mailbozes to pst files
and then import the pst files into Outlook.

It is also a good opportunity to get users delete their old E-mails prior to
migration. You can also use msmgr32.exe to create lots of reports/statistics
regarding cc:Mail.

Have fun.

Best regards,
Massoud Sarrafi

>I have a client who has a ccmail server and an exchange server(5.5).  All
>recipients have an account on each server.  The client would like to get
rid
>of the cc mail server and go exclusive Exchange server, however, I need to
>import all the ccmail data to its corresponding exchange mailboxes.

>Any ideas to make this easy would be greatly appreciated!

>Jim Blixt

CC Mail Migration

Post by Fred Krefet » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Try Transend ConnectorWare IMPORT Utility 4.1 for cc:Mail to
Outlook/Exchange migration. It migrates cc:Mail archives, folders, address
books, distribution lists and bulletin boards. Messages can be imported to
Exchange Server folders or a .pst. Addresses can be imported directly into
the Outlook Contacts or Personal Address Book. It has a powerful batch mode
as well as an easy to use GUI. It works with cc:Mail LAN users as well as
Mobile (DB6 and DB8). It's been used to migrate over 500,000 cc:Mail users
to Outlook/Exchange in many Fortune 500 companies as well as smaller
organizations.

Many users use the MS Migration Wizard to simply setup the Exchange
mailboxes based on the cc:Mail directory. And, then they use the Transend
tool to migrate all user data. It's comprehensive, easy to use and well
supported by Transend.

For more information, check out http://www.transend.com. A free demo is
available and volume licenses are as low as $3.25 per user. A great time
saver!

Fred

>I have a client who has a ccmail server and an exchange server(5.5).  All
>recipients have an account on each server.  The client would like to get
rid
>of the cc mail server and go exclusive Exchange server, however, I need to
>import all the ccmail data to its corresponding exchange mailboxes.

>Any ideas to make this easy would be greatly appreciated!

>Jim Blixt

1. cc:Mail Migration to cc:Mail

I am getting ready to attempt a large migration of cc:mail to Exchange
4.0, am interested in hearing from others who have previously done this.

Any pitfalls, things to remember, etc.

Thanks much

2. How Install Ex Outlook with WinMsg & Outlook 97?

3. Exchange and cc:mail migration

4. New Server Setup

5. CC-Mail Migration

6. OWA with contact folder

7. New cc:Mail migration wizard problem

8. How to do webdav select on mapi namespace?

9. cc:Mail Migration

10. cc:Mail Migration problems

11. ???OWA after cc:mail migration???

12. cc:Mail Migration