Migration from 5.5 to 2000

Post by Chris Myer » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:10:30

Anyone know the quickest and easiest way to move or migrate mailboxes from a
exchange 5.5 server to a  exchange 2000 server on the same domain?

Regards

Chris

Migration from 5.5 to 2000

Post by Sam Richardso » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:34:49

Exmerge is pretty easy, it has a two step process.

1. Merge old data out of 5.5
2. Import data back into new 2000

The only problem with this is that you lose the single instance store, so if
you have lots of users who all have the same copies of email in their
mailboxes, you will end up with a store which is much larger when you import
all the data back in...

Good luck,
Sam

Quote:> Anyone know the quickest and easiest way to move or migrate mailboxes from
> exchange 5.5 server to a  exchange 2000 server on the same domain?

> Regards

> Chris

1. Migration from 5.5 to 2000

Any easy way to do this BESIDES the wizard?

I need to remove some specific routing vars and I HAVE to transfer the
passwords as well because then I have to call everyone who has the
accounts... or is the ONLY way with the migration wizard?

Is there an Export / Import feature of accounts in 2000 with passwords?

-
Emil Chr. Melar

2. DNS change

3. Attachment database associations after migration from 5.5 to 2000

4. Macclient

5. Migration from 5.5 to 2000 - account passwords

6. Exchange Setup on NEC VP75

7. Migration Issues 5.5 to 2000

8. Alias

9. exchange migration from 5.5 to 2000 with different domains

10. Migration from 5.5 to 2000 in different domains?

11. Migration from 5.5 to 2000 - message queues

12. PF migration from 5.5 to 2000

13. Migration from 5.5 to 2000