Multiple e-mails being sent

Post by Gary Exu » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 05:54:11

We are having a growing problem. It seems that more and more people are
getting calls from our customers (the e-mail recipients externally), that
they will receive a message from someone in the building up to 20 times.
From what I can gather they don't all come at once either. Also, from what I
can tell, nobody is using us as an e-mail relay, because the people in our
building are actually sending the e-mail to the external recipient.
Any ideas?

THX

Multiple e-mails being sent

Post by Don vita » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:52:00

Two things come to mind that may be causing this, One is
the possiblity your antivirus may need to be updated on
the server running the IMC. The other possibility is that
the recipients of the original e-mail could have profiles
that place the user mailbox in several distribution lists.
They may be getting a piece of mail for each distribution
list membership. I would look at the antivirus first
though.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We are having a growing problem. It seems that more and
more people are
>getting calls from our customers (the e-mail recipients
externally), that
>they will receive a message from someone in the building
up to 20 times.
>From what I can gather they don't all come at once

either. Also, from what I
Quote:>can tell, nobody is using us as an e-mail relay, because
the people in our
>building are actually sending the e-mail to the external
recipient.
>Any ideas?

>THX

>.

Multiple e-mails being sent

Post by Gary Exu » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:50:57

Thanks for the reply,

Could adding disclaimer text using the anti-virus software cause this
problem?

Quote:> Two things come to mind that may be causing this, One is
> the possiblity your antivirus may need to be updated on
> the server running the IMC. The other possibility is that
> the recipients of the original e-mail could have profiles
> that place the user mailbox in several distribution lists.
> They may be getting a piece of mail for each distribution
> list membership. I would look at the antivirus first
> though.

1. Sending mail from multiple email addresses

Hi Group...

I have an interesting (or not so interesting) exchange server challenge...
Our enterprise has fragmented into 3 separate companies.  All 3 entities
have their own domain names and email accounts.

The problem...

Purchasing, AP/AR, and inventory will not be treated separately...  The
people who work in these roles will be working (and communicating via email)
for all 3 companies.  Is there a way for these people to choose what email
account their messages are sent from? They need the ability to represent all
3 entities at all times.

Right now, these people can receive email from all 3 domains.  I have set
their user in AD to accept incoming messages from all 3 domains.  Is there a
way for them to pick which account they want to send from?

We have exchange 2k advanced running on win 2k server.

TIA,
Lance

2. Monitoring a specific users mail activity in detail.

3. Store Service Not Loading

4. Sending mail from multiple email domains

5. Exchange keeps chewing up hard drive space!

6. Sending mail from multiple email addresses

7. cdo for win2k and exchange 5.5

8. Multiple emails sent when sending to distribution list.

9. i am unable to send and receive mails

10. outbount email stay in outbox but I am able to receive email

11. single email to multiple recipients = multiple emails to same recipient

12. single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails