Administration of Exchange 2000 with XP Pro

Administration of Exchange 2000 with XP Pro

Post by Jeff » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 06:53:13

Is there a fix for the System Manager to run under
Windows XP Pro?  It won't install since it can't read the
Administrator Tools for .NET.  Is Microsoft planning on
doing something about this?

Post by MV » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:13:51

>Is there a fix for the System Manager to run under
>Windows XP Pro?  It won't install since it can't read the
>Administrator Tools for .NET.  Is Microsoft planning on
>doing something about this?

Not Yet

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Administration of Exchange 2000 with XP Pro

Post by Ben Winzen » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 22:32:10

Do a google search for this.  It gets answered somewhere along the lines of
almost every day.  There is a workaround, but it is not supported by
Microsoft.  Microsoft's official answer still is to use TS.

--
Ben Winzenz
Network Engineer

Quote:> Is there a fix for the System Manager to run under
> Windows XP Pro?  It won't install since it can't read the
> Administrator Tools for .NET.  Is Microsoft planning on
> doing something about this?

1. Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

Dear All,

I have just purchase a new notebook running XP Pro, and installed Office
2000.

When the Outlook 2000 connect to the Exchange 2K server, the connection in
always timeout in first time, if in this time I click the retry button the
Outlook will connect to Exchange 2K immediately.

The above problem hasn't found in other machine run Win9x, WinNT and Win2K
Pro.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks.

S. T. Wong

2. Exception occurring with MAPI Logon

3. Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

4. How I create multiple domain names on the Exchane Server?

5. Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

6. Global Catlalog question..

7. Exchange 2000 System Manager on XP Pro

8. Undeliverable mail

9. Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

10. Managing Exchange 2000 server from XP Pro

11. Installing admin tools for Exchange 2000 on my XP PRO

12. Exchange 2000 MMC Snap-in on XP pro box

13. Exchange 2000 Admin on XP Pro?