Information Store CPU Usage 100%

Post by Syariful Fazl » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:13:11

Server specs:

Pentium III 700MHz
128MB RAM
8GB HDD (partitioned equally with 4BG each)
Exchange program - C drive
Exchange database - D drive

Exchange Store have a tendency to consume CPU usage at a
constant rate of 100%. Once that occurs the server will
not have enough resources to run other tasks and
ultimately the server will hang.

Currently I have scheduled the server to restart early
morning (everyday) at 6:00 am to work around the problem.
There are no abnormalties recorded in the NT Event Viewer.

It all started when at one time Exchange could not start
Information Store and had to be recovered using ESE97.exe
and ISINTEG.exe utility. Microsoft Knowledge Base suggests
that I upgrade to the latest Exchange and NT Service Packs
which has already been done before this problem even
started.

Request other possible solutions.

Information Store CPU Usage 100%

Start by performing backup and offline defrag of Priv and Pub databases.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Information Store CPU Usage 100%

Post by MVP » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:40:34

Hi have a look at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q172813

Regards
Andrew Sword, MVP

Quote:> Server specs:

> Pentium III 700MHz
> 128MB RAM
> 8GB HDD (partitioned equally with 4BG each)
> Exchange program - C drive
> Exchange database - D drive

> Exchange Store have a tendency to consume CPU usage at a
> constant rate of 100%. Once that occurs the server will
> not have enough resources to run other tasks and
> ultimately the server will hang.

> Currently I have scheduled the server to restart early
> morning (everyday) at 6:00 am to work around the problem.
> There are no abnormalties recorded in the NT Event Viewer.

> It all started when at one time Exchange could not start
> Information Store and had to be recovered using ESE97.exe
> and ISINTEG.exe utility. Microsoft Knowledge Base suggests
> that I upgrade to the latest Exchange and NT Service Packs
> which has already been done before this problem even
> started.

> Request other possible solutions.

1. 100% CPU usage by information store

We have an exchanger server 5.5 environment and was
working fine two days back the CPU usage on the server
increased to 100% and the entire CPU was taken up by the
information store. Tried restarting hte server but as soon
as the information store service came up the 100% CPU is
getting hogged up by the service. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

louis

2. Sending Calendar Items to individuals outside the exchange

3. store.exe 100% cpu usage

4. Cannot send mail to Earthlink

5. store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

6. Exchnge,Firewall,outlook and Push Notification

7. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by eTrust InoculateIt

8. Forwarding Rule

9. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

10. store.exe 100%cpu usage

11. store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

12. Suspicious Internet Email and Store.exe CPU 100% Usage

13. Information Store at 95-100% CPU Utilization