Auto-reply/out of office reply to SMTP addresses???

Auto-reply/out of office reply to SMTP addresses???

Post by Rich Dunha » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to set auto-reply to respond to SMTP addresses as well
as internal account? Our Exchange 5.5. Server will auto-reply (using out of
office assistant) to internal Exchange accounts - but won't reply to those
external to the Exchange organization who send messages inbound via SMTP.

Can this be done? If so, where is it set - Outlook client or server?

Thanks.

Rich Dunham

Auto-reply/out of office reply to SMTP addresses???

Post by Colin Campbel » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You need to enable automatic replies to the internet in the IMS.  If you do
this be alert for the possibility of mail loops.