OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)

OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)

Post by RUIZ, Dieg » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am having a problem between OWA and Proxy server.

When an external Internet user tries to access OWA through
http://myserver.org/exchange, it works fine. However, when an internal LAN
client tries to do it through the same address http://myserver.org/exchange,
I receive the following error message:

--------------------
You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try
to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may
be listed on the sur.iucn.org home page.
You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
--------------------

I have tried using the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" in my
browser, however the problem remains the same.

I have SBS 4.5, with NT4 SP6a, Exchange Server 5.5 SP3, Proxy Server 2.0
SP1, and IIS 4.

In my Web Proxy configuration, I have Packet Filtering DISABLED, and Web
Publishing ENABLED, with the option to send incoming requests to the local
server.

I have tried to put an exception and send requests for
http://myserver.org/exchange to http://192.168.0.1/exchange, which is the
internal IP number of my exchange server (which is the web server, and proxy
server as well), but it doesn't work. This is described in article Q207655
in Microsoft Knowledge Base.

I have tried with IE4 and IE5.

The rest of the services are working fine. I have an Intranet, a Web Site,
and all my users have Outlook 97 or 98. The proxy server has no problem at
all except for OWA.

Your help is most appreciated.

1. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

[...]

2. Text wrapping quirks in MS Exchange Internet Mail Service [REPOST to msnews]

3. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)

4. Moving from one mail server to another

5. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

6. exchange server very slow

7. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)

8. Cannot check the all folder synchronize

9. Accessing OWA on an Internal Server but through a Proxy Server

10. EXCHANGE-Client and LAN-to-LAN over WAN-Router using short hold mode

11. Outlook 98 clients cannot connect to exchange server after installing proxy client 2.0

12. OWA-Cannot reply,forward to messages using OWA???