Stupid question

Post by Calvi » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:27:43

Its a simple question I know.  But my exchange knowledge
is not good.

How do I move the exchange information from one drive to
another on the same server?

Have a need to move the information to another larger
drive as the original drive is filling up.

Thanks in advance.

Calvin

Stupid question

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:04:20

In exchange 5.5 there is a program group entry
called "Performance Optimiser". Run that and it will shut
down your stores, search and test your drives then offer
where it thinks is best for your stores and logs. Either
accept the offer or make the required changes that match
your unique knowledge and then carry on through. The
programme will move the files and restart the services.

In 2000 select the properties of the individual store and
observe the databases tab. You can browse to a new
location then accept the warning about the dismount.
Exchange will move the stores and then remount the store.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Its a simple question I know.  But my exchange knowledge
>is not good.

>How do I move the exchange information from one drive to
>another on the same server?

>Have a need to move the information to another larger
>drive as the original drive is filling up.

>Thanks in advance.

>Calvin
>.

1. A Stupid question

This is probably a stupid question but....

I'm setting up Exchange 5.5 in a test enviroment on a NT4 server with NT4
workstation clients.  The installation appears to have worked fine, but my
problem is with the clients.

The clients connect to the mailbox, and retrieve the address books, but when
I attempt to send a message the message just sits in the Outbox.

Where do I go from here?

Cheers Arthur

2. outlook works, outlook express doesn't

3. Stupid Question....

4. Moving X4.0 into another PC/Server

5. Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

6. Problem with message size.

7. Newbe stupid question

8. OWA after IIS Lockdown

9. Maybe stupid question but I'm an Exchange Server Layman

10. OK Stupid question of the day.

11. Stupid Question

12. Stupid question.