create user mailbox rules from admin/server

create user mailbox rules from admin/server

Post by Aaro » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:01:32

If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go to
certain folders etc, I have usually logged in as that user and created the
rule using the outlook rules wizard.

Is there a way I can create rules like this from the server, or admin
account, so i dont have to log in as every user each time i want to add a
rule?

create user mailbox rules from admin/server

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:19:58

Not that I'm aware of, and I'm sure you couldn't do it without some fancy
scripting. Why not leave this
up to the user, and send them basic instructions?

> If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go
> to certain folders etc, I have usually logged in as that user and
> created the rule using the outlook rules wizard.

> Is there a way I can create rules like this from the server, or admin
> account, so i dont have to log in as every user each time i want to
> add a rule?

1. Tool to create a Rules Wizard rule on every mailbox

Is anyone aware of a tool that would allow us to "add" a Rules Wizard
rule to every end user mailbox on the server?

I'm familiar with using exmerge.exe to do this, but with that tool the
resulting rule requires end user intervention to "repair" and enable
it. That kind of defeats the purpose.

The rule is no more complicated than:

"Apply this rule after the message arrives
with 'Suspected Junk mail' in the subject
move it to the JunkMail folder"

--
Terry

2. Can not connect to news server, e-mail does not funciton

3. Admin access to users mailbox when logged on as admin from Workstation

4. Remote Exchange Administration

5. Creating new user in AD doesn't create new mailbox

6. Incoming Mail Problem

7. Creating New User Doesn't Create New Mailbox

8. Exchange 2000 advance

9. Can create users but can't create mailboxes

10. Creating mailboxes without creating a user.

11. No errors, user created and no mailbox created???

12. Create Mailboxes for NT4 Users on Exchange 2000 Server in New Win2k Domain

13. Auto-create Rules Upon User Creation