What is your backup software? If you used Backup Exec by Veritas, and did a
brick level backup you can restore individual e-mails, contacts, etc. I've
If you are using Backup that comes with the 2000 machine that would be
trickier. Here is what I would do....
1. Disconnect the server from the internet (to prevent more e-mails from
coming in), and get all clients off of it
2. Make a complete backup of your e-mail, and then copy the e-mail database
files to another location
3. Restore your e-mail stores off of tape and use those files as your e-mail
stores. In affect, this will return your e-mail to the state it was a month
ago when you did that backup
4. Export necessary data to PST files using Exmerge
5. Shut down e-mail services again and bring back on-line with your current
6. Import PST files and then sort out the duplicates.
> I have a big problem. On Exchange 2000 SP3 Server somehow I manage to lost
> all the messages. That was two weeks ago. In the meantime, I tried to find
> the source of the problem and undo it (Sophos MailMonitor for Exchange2000
> is the guilty part. It somehow managed to see some errors in all the
> messages and deleted them all).
> Anyhow, I have backup from a month before that (I know, I should have...),
> but now I allready have two week of mails.
> So, my question is, can I merge my old backup with the new one (the one I
> made today)? I know, I will have a hole between those two, but thats
> then a big hole :))
> One more thing, that is more important then messages is contacts, 'couse I
> lost them too, so with that old backup I would get that back.
> Thank you