Sending outbound msg to external SMTP server

Sending outbound msg to external SMTP server

Post by Miro Fedo » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:00:40

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to administrate MS Exchange 4.5 ,  need to configure mail
server for receiving outbound messages to queue, dialup to ISP when
message(s) are queued and sending them to external SMTP server.

Can somebody help pe , how can I do that?

Thanks,
Miro

1. Exchange 2K not sending outbound external SMTP messages following power failure

Hi All,

Following a power failure when the server reset its self without a proper
shut down, it no longer sends out external SMTP messages.  The messages sit
in the SMTP queues until it gives up and sends a non-delivery report.

The application event log logs the following error:

Source: MSExchangeTransport
Category: (1)
Event ID: 929

The description for Event ID ( 929 ) in Source ( MSExchangeTransport )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event: 3520,
C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe, CN=Internet
Mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First
Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=XXXXX,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=XXXXXXXDC=com,DC=au, 80040920.

Is anyone able to offer any suggestions before I rebuild the server?  I am
running W2K Server SP2, EX 2K Enterprise + SP1.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Andrew

2. POP3 before SMTP

3. Free and Busy replication traffic

4. SMTP attempting to send outbound mail to web server, not mail server

5. Migrating Exchange 5.0 to 5.5

6. having E2k send outbound email via another SMTP server

7. Send Receive Mail problem

8. Exch. Server outbound msg

9. Configuring exchange 2000 to route outbound SMTP through an external relay

10. smtp virtual server ques, external mail not sending...

11. Exchange 5.5 SP 4 error sending to external SMTP server

12. auto BCC all outbound mail to external smtp recipient