Moving from NT4 Exchange 5.5 box to new Win2k Exchange2k box

Moving from NT4 Exchange 5.5 box to new Win2k Exchange2k box

Post by Robbi » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 06:55:14

We have an NT4 SP6a (BDC) running Exchange 5.5 SP3.  We are replacing this
machine with a new Windows 2000 Server PDC (AD).  AD is in place and
stabilized, running in mixed mode (obviously).

While installing Exchange, do I set up a new forest? and then use the
Exchange Migration Wizard to move the mailboxes over (same domain)?  I'm
having some trouble finding documentation on this (what I think would be)
fairly simple scenario.

Also, what is the ADCs role in this scenario...if at all?  TIA.

1. Moving Exchange 5.5 to a new box with Win2K

Can anybody point me to information on moving Exchange 5.5 from a WinNT 4
box to a brand-new one with Win2K?  I've never moved Exchange between boxes
and this is even trickier with Win2K.  I'll probably upgrade to Exchange
2000 in February, but for now, I just have to get it off of its current box.

Many thanks,
Mark

2. TopCall or Faxination integration with Exchange 5.0

3. Upgrade NT4 o/s to win2k on exchange 5.5 box

4. MAPI error when updating DL

5. Moving Exchange 5.5 from NT4 BDC to Win2k member server in new domain

6. Outlook/exchange via internet, how

7. Exch 5.5 Online Restore to NEW win2k box

8. Backing up Exchange 5.5 AND 2000

9. How to move Ex 5.5 on NT4 to New Server Win2K, keeping EX5.5

10. Moving Exchange 5.5 server to a new box

11. Moving Exchange 5.5 to a new box

12. Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box