Delivery Restrictions on Distribution List Help??

Delivery Restrictions on Distribution List Help??

Post by Bob Morga » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 00:10:31

We have a Distribution List called "All Employees", which as it's namesake
suggests, posts to everyone.  It is a necessary group for us, however at
times it has been abused.

Question:  Is there any way to set up this group so that A) when an employee
posts a message to All Employees, it is forwarded/sent to the IS department
FIRST so that we may review it before it gets out to the troops and then
release it or deny it?  And if not, then is the only solution to B) give
only the IS Dept and Administration the permissions to this group, and not
everyone else?  That is not what we prefer, as there are times when others
need it.  Solution A is much preferable.  Any help would very much be
appreciated and thanks!

Bob

Delivery Restrictions on Distribution List Help??

Post by Ed Thurbe » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 04:01:49

There is a way.
Create a moderated public folder.
Create a rule on that folder that forwards all posts to the everyone DL

When someone wants to mail to the DL they mail to the folder.  The message
goes to the moderator, the moderator approves the message and dumps it back
into the folder, at which time the auto forward rule forward it to the
everyone DL.  Be sure to add the auto forward rule AFTER the moderator
rules.  Then limit access to the DL to allow only the folder to mail to it.
You can even hide the DL and make the public folder visible in the GAL to
create a single GAL entry.

Hope this helps

Ed Thurber

Quote:> We have a Distribution List called "All Employees", which as it's namesake
> suggests, posts to everyone.  It is a necessary group for us, however at
> times it has been abused.

> Question:  Is there any way to set up this group so that A) when an
employee
> posts a message to All Employees, it is forwarded/sent to the IS
department
> FIRST so that we may review it before it gets out to the troops and then
> release it or deny it?  And if not, then is the only solution to B) give
> only the IS Dept and Administration the permissions to this group, and not
> everyone else?  That is not what we prefer, as there are times when others
> need it.  Solution A is much preferable.  Any help would very much be
> appreciated and thanks!

> Bob

1. Distribution Lists and Delivery Restrictions

Keep in mind two points.

1.  Changes made to dl's on one server DO need to replicate to the rest.

2. Any permission changes may take up 120 minutes to take effect due to
caching of information store by the directory, and the default refresh
interval of 120 minutes.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

2. Help - Moving Mail from Exchange 5.5 to 2K

3. Distribution List Delivery Restrictions Bug

4. Newbie Question: Adding Domains to 5.5

5. delivery restrictions in distribution lists

6. Install SMTP on Existing Exchange server 5.5

7. Delivery Restrictions on Distribution Lists

8. Importing Directory into Exchange Server

9. delivery restrictions in distribution lists

10. Delivery Restrictions Distribution Groups

11. Custom Distribution List Size Restriction

12. Distribution list restrictions